Triton is one of the Olympians worshiped as gods by the people of Ancient Greece and the Roman Empire. The son of Poseidon, Triton claimed the seas as his divine territory. Though he shared an aspect of his father's power, he did not share Poseidon's temperament. He became particularly enraged when it became known that the people of Atlantis had more to fear from their monarch Orin than from Triton. This drove Triton to challenge Aquaman in one-on-one combat. In compliance with the rules of his station, Triton was obligated to inform Aquaman that he could only be defeated by the absence of faith in his divine power. This did not stop Aquaman however from fighting Triton tooth and nail and impaling his physical form on a sharpened piece of rock. Upon the death of Triton's physical shell, his father Poseidon appeared and collected his essence. Because he felt that no mortal being should ever play witness to the humiliation of a god, he struck Aquaman blind. 
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Superhuman Strength: Olympian strength level is many times that of most super-beings, the exact limits of which have never been measured. It is generally accepted they are sufficiently strong enough to lift 100 tons with minimal effort.
- Superhuman Speed: Olympians are capable of moving faster the the finest human athlete.
- Energy Manipulation: Olympians has the power to control and project multiple types of energy.
- Metamorphosis: Olympians can alter their physical form (presumably) into any shape that they can choose.
- Immortality: Olympians are immortal and will never truly die. Olympians do not age the way a normal human does.
- Invulnerability: Olympians are cannot be physically harmed by conventional means.
- Power Distribution: Olympians are can bestow a portion of their power unto others.
- Self-Sustenance: Olympians dor not require water or nourishment.
- Superhuman Stamina: Olympians are can operate for prolonged periods of time without tiring. They do not require sleep.
- Magical Manipulation: Olympians have the power to manipulate vast amounts of magic energy to nearly any effect they desires.
Command of the Ocean and all life in it, with the exception of Aquaman.
Class 100+ ; It is generally accepted Poseidon is sufficiently strong enough to lift 100 tons with minimal effort.
Mortal Faith: Poseidon's vitality is dependent upon humanity's faith in the gods (though this has not always been consistent). When humanity's belief in the gods wanes, the gods lose a portion of their power. As such, their ability to influence the course of human events decreases.
- The Atlantean city of Tritonis is named for him.
- 8 Appearances of Triton (New Earth)
- 6 Images featuring Triton (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Triton (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Triton (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of Aquaman, or members of the Aquaman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Aquaman Villains."