|Aliases||Prince of the Sea|
|Affiliation||Gods of Olympus|
|Occupation||God of the Tides and Wind|
|Creators||Peter David, Jim Calafiore|
Triton is one of the Olympians worshiped as gods by the people of Ancient Greece. The son of Poseidon, Triton claimed the seas as his divine territory. Though he shared an aspect of his father's power, he did not share Poseidon's temperament. He became particularly enraged when it became known that the people of Atlantis had more to fear from their monarch Orin than from Triton. This drove Triton to challenge Aquaman in one-on-one combat. In compliance with the rules of his station, Triton was obligated to inform Aquaman that he could only be defeated by the absence of faith in his divine power. This did not stop Aquaman however from fighting Triton tooth and nail and impaling his physical form on a sharpened piece of rock. Upon the death of Triton's physical shell, his father Poseidon appeared and collected his essence. Because he felt that no mortal being should ever play witness to the humiliation of a god, he struck Aquaman blind. 
- This character is an adaptation of Triton, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- The Atlantean city of Tritonis is named for him.
- 8 Appearances of Triton (New Earth)
- 6 Images featuring Triton (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Triton (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Triton (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of Aquaman, or members of the Aquaman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Aquaman Villains."