"The Man Behind the Mask!": Batman tells Robin he will find his mysterious tormentor alone, and strides out of the Batcave. Robin calls up Jack Edison, a top stunt-driver and car-designer who owes his life to the Caped Crusader, and informs him they need a new Batmobile. Robin then tells Alfred
Appearing in "The Man Behind the Mask!"
- Killer Moth (Flashback only)
- Caroline Crown
- Jack Edison
Synopsis for "The Man Behind the Mask!"
Batman tells Robin he will find his mysterious tormentor alone, and strides out of the Batcave. Robin calls up Jack Edison, a top stunt-driver and car-designer who owes his life to the Caped Crusader, and informs him they need a new Batmobile. Robin then tells Alfred he intends to help Batman whether he likes it or not. Batman checks with Shamrock and other street people for clues, but can find none. Commissioner Gordon tells Batman he may subconsciously be overlooking clues, knowing unconsciously the culprit is someone close to him he does not wish to hurt. Robin turns up soon afterward to ask about his mentor. Bruce Wayne, trying to get through a business day, suddenly realizes who his tormentor must be. As Batman, he returns to the original Batcave below Wayne Manor that night, but finds the walls of the cave closing in on him. He also seems to see the shade of Bruce Wayne accusing him of usurping both their existences. Abruptly, a figure clad in the Bat-Man costume of Thomas Wayne appears to help Batman hold back the closing walls, and tells him that the warehouse explosion affected his mind, giving him paranoid schizophrenia. Encouraged, Batman thrusts himself and his mysterious ally to safety just in time, and unmasks the figure as Robin. Robin admits that he rigged the closing walls and donned the Bat-Man costume to bring Batman back to his senses. Thanking Robin, Batman goes off to be by himself, viewing the streets of Gotham City from on high.
Appearing in "Secrets of the Batman"
- Repair Shop
- Secret Exit
- The Study
- Trophy Room
Synopsis for "Secrets of the Batman"
Three-page feature showing the Batcave beneath the Wayne Foundation Building, a.k.a. Batcave II.
- This book was first published on June 26, 1980.
- Final issue.
- Also offered as a free cereal edition give-away.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Untold Legend of the Batman Vol 1 3 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Untold Legend of the Batman series
- Images from Untold Legend of the Batman Vol 1 3
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- Batman at Wikipedia.org
- Batman at DC Comics
- Batman at DCU Guide
- Batman at Newsarama
- Batman at DC Indexes
- Batman at Comic Book Resources
- Batman Yesterday Today and Beyond
- Batman at TV Tropes