Uranium was the first Metal Man created by Dr. William Magnus, however, as the First Metal Man prototype he was very different from the later models. Not only was he radioactive, he also had a nasty personality, forcing Doc Magnus to shut him down, and scrap him. However, some experiment was able to reactivate this dangerous being.
Creating Agantha, he was able to destroy the Metal Men via a long range atom smasher. when the Metal Men were taken care of, he forced Doc Magnus to build a death ray. Doc Magnus was able to contact the Atom, who managed to undo the effects of the atom-smasher and fought against the two baddies (With Uranium creating three living bullets to help him.) Platinum was able to destroy Agantha and Uranium wasted too much of his energy, turning to radium melting, defeating Uranium once and for all.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 1 Appearances of Uranium (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Uranium (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Uranium (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Uranium (New Earth)