Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the 2011 initiative, the New 52, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambig.|
|Relatives||Avia (sister), Izaya (brother-in-law), Daughter (Identity Unknown), Kalibak (son)|
|Base Of Operations||Apokolips|
|Unusual Features||Alien Physiology|
- The gods don't give a damn about us.
- -- Darkseid src
After the events seen in Flashpoint, Darkseid is now the first enemy the Justice League ever faced. He invaded multiple Earths throughout the New 52 while searching for his daughter, whose identity has not yet been revealed.
In another universe, the Old Gods were all powerful and relied on the prayer of the people despite not caring about them. Soon Uxas began putting lies and corruption in the minds of these "Old Gods" which sparked a battle between them. As the gods began to fall, Uxas began stealing the dying gods power for himself and turned into what is now known as Darkseid. Darkseid then begins to look for Dimensions to conquer with mostly no opposition. Unknowingly in part of the New God Kaiyo, He discovers Earth Prime and breaches the barrier between the two worlds. After battling and losing to the Justice League in that universe being forced to return home, he changes his strategy to something significantly more aggressive and devious.
Darkseid breached the barrier into Earth 2 where his army killed Wonder Woman and Superman, and forced Batman to sacrifice himself. When the citizens feel the war is over, it actually turns out Darkseid bided his time and released sleeper cells all over the planet. When Steppenwolf makes the attempt to destroy the World Army, Darkseid releases a clone of Superman who kills Steppenwolf, thousands of World Army Soldiers, and 1% of the earth's population.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- New God Physiology: The beings of Apokolips call themselves Gods and live outside of normal time and space, even outside of the normal 52 universes. These New Gods have evolved due to taking up the powers of other gods and through the use of the Source, believed to be one of the ultimate foundations of the Universal Expression of Energy, along with their superior technology, into beings of genetic stability and evolutionary perfection. The denizens of Apokolips are immortal, stronger, faster, and smarter than homo sapiens, despite their resemblance.
- Superhuman Strength: Darkseid appears stronger than even Superman. He effortlessly smashed Green Lantern constructs, broke Hal Jordan's right arm, slammed Wonder Woman to the ground (despite being bound by her lasso) and was able to crush Superman in a bearhug.
- Superhuman Durability: Darkseid was able to fend off the combined attacks of the Justice League, even continuing to fight despite being stabbed in both eyes by Wonder Woman and Aquaman. 
- Superhuman Stamina
- Omega Effect: Darkseid wields a cosmic energy field called "Omega Effect", which proves integral, as it is the core from which his other abilities manifest from. This effect allows him to transverse through time and space, also enabling him to break barriers and force-fields.
- Omega Beam: Darkseid's main power. He focuses this power as a form of energy that he shoots from his eyes. This effect is not only a relentless attack, but it is capable of teleporting the target to any location Darkseid chooses and recall them later or erase the target from the universe and similarly reform them. Capable of destroying entire planets, these beams are among most deadly attacks ever recorded. Darkseid emits a beam from each eye and can target one or two opponents. Impossible to avoid, the beams lock onto their target and are able to snake around corners and up and down buildings. The beams also travel at high speed; even Flash was unable to outrun them, who vibrated through a Parademon to avoid a blast. Wonder Woman's magic bracelets allowed her to block the beams, suggesting powerful magic is the only known defence.
- Erosion Blasts: Darkseid is able to project energy from his hands as well as his eyes. To this effect, the blasts can sustain damages from eradication to withering in effect, using both aspects to a devastating degree.
- Darkseid was created by Jack Kirby, first appearing in Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen #134. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Darkseid first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Justice League (Volume 2) #3 by Geoff Johns and Jim Lee.
- 28 Appearances of Uxas (Prime Earth)
- 8 Images featuring Uxas (Prime Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Uxas (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Uxas (Prime Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Jack Kirby's Fourth World |
This character or group of characters are related to Jack Kirby's Fourth World, either the original concept and group of titles by Jack Kirby, or any of their subsequent adaptations by other creators. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Fourth World Characters category.
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."
Wonders of the World Villain(s)
|Justice Society Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice Society, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Justice Society Villains" category.