- I will not lie! My name is Val-Lor! I hate and despise you Vrangs. I wish you were dead!
- -- Val-Lor src
Centuries before its destruction, Krypton was conquered by an alien race called the Vrangs. The people of Krypton were enslaved and humiliated by the Vrangs, who abused the Kryptonians and forced them to smile for being allowed to live.
Finally, a Kryptonian called Val-Lor stood up to the Vrangs. Vowing to not lie, he openly told the Vrangs that he despised them, and was killed for it. His fellow Kryptonians were inspired by his courage to speak up and tell the truth and revolted against the Vrangs, getting their freedom back.
Since then, Kryptonians commemorate the anniversary of his death celebrating the Day of Truth, a day in which they speak nothing but the truth. Even after Krypton was long gone, the Last Children of Krypton still remembered Val-Lor and celebrated the Day of Truth.
- This version of Val-Lor, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Action Comics (Volume 2)
- Adventures of Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- DC Comics Presents (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 2)
- Superman (Volume 3)
- Superman (Volume 4)
- Superman (Volume 5)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- Superman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Superman: Man of Steel (Volume 1)
- Superman: Man of Tomorrow (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
- 5 Appearances of Val-Lor (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Val-Lor (Earth-One)
- 2 Quotations by or about Val-Lor (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Val-Lor (Earth-One)