""Viva Las Vamps!"": The vamps ride in to Las Vegas for an evening of fun and fortune. Howler clearly has something else on her mind and decides to split off from the group to do her own hunting. The other vamps rent a room and change clothes and apply their make-up.
- No one would ever know there's anything odd about ya... except maybe, your taste in dresses. They call that color Hooker Red, don't they?
- -- Skeeter
Appearing in "Viva Las Vamps!"
- Ed (Behind the scenes)
- Herbert (Single appearance)
- Cindy (Only appearance; dies)
- Judy (Behind the scenes)
- Unnamed Judge (Only appearance; dies)
- The Vamps' motorcycles
Synopsis for "Viva Las Vamps!"
The vamps ride in to Las Vegas for an evening of fun and fortune. Howler clearly has something else on her mind and decides to split off from the group to do her own hunting. The other vamps rent a room and change clothes and apply their make-up.
In New Mexico, private investigator Hank Gallagher investigates another crime scene in the middle of the desert. He is accompanied by a woman named Jennifer. Jennifer finds a partially buried desiccated corpse and begins having bizarre visions of a vampire. Her visions are that of her twin sister, Howler.
At the Desert End Casino, the vamps hit the floor. Mink hits the roulette wheel while Whipsnake concentrates on the high rollers at the Baccarat tables. Mink targets a young red-haired woman in the lounge and begins to make her moves. Skeeter finds a blackjack dealer who interests her and plays several hands before inviting him up to her room.
Howler meanwhile, now finally back in her hometown, leaves the casino and begins to explore her past. She breaks into a records office and tries to find information regarding her son. Failing that however, she does find the home address of the court judge responsible for taking her child away from her. She breaks into his house late at night and gets her revenge. Gaining only temporary satisfaction, she returns to the casino.
Howler meets back up with the other vamps some time after each of them have satisfied their own bloodlust. They ride their bikes out into the middle of the desert and bury them. They are careful to remove the plates and any other articles that might connect them with the vamps. Hypnotizing a chauffeur, they have him drive them to the airport.
Meanwhile, Gallagher and Jennifer stop at a bar in New Mexico. Jennifer meets a biker who insists that he knows her. She has no idea what he's talking about. She suddenly has another vision of her sister - this time she sees Howler burning in a corona of fire.
Later the night, the vamps book passage on an airplane and fly towards New York. Now it is Howler's turn to suffer a psychic vision. She sees an image of her sister burning in a funeral pyre.
- This issue is reprinted in the 1996 Vamps trade paperback.
- The woman at the end of issue #2 is revealed to be Jennifer Davison, not Howler in this issue. Jennifer is Howler's twin sister.
- The biker that Jennifer Davison meets in New Mexico is the same biker who gave Howler a book in issue #2. Clearly, the biker is mistaking Jenny for Howler in this issue.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Vamps Vol 1 3 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Vamps series