- Whatever happens, I'm ready. The past no longer has any claim on me. I'm a vamp, pure and simple. An', until the first light breaks, I'm as free as a bird on a wing.
- -- Howler
Appearing in "Backlash"
- Dave (Final appearance; Dies)
- Grace (Single appearance)
- Mister Bedgood (Single appearance) (Behind the scenes)
- Tommy Davison (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Backlash"
While Henry continues to track the vamps' latest whereabouts, the vamps themselves lay claim to another victim. Their former "bridegroom" David has returned from the dead as well and is seeking revenge.
Howler departs from her friends once again and goes to the home where her son Tommy is being raised. Peering through the window, she sees the boy's foster father preparing to strike him in a fit of anger. Howler is ready to burst into the home, but her sister Jenn appears and holds her back. Howler and Jenn enter the house and Howler holds everyone in place with her hypnotic gaze. She is ready to kill Tommy's foster father, but Jenn calms her down. When Tommy enters the room, Jenn pretends to be her sister.
Moments later, Henry Gallagher and Dave both arive at the homestead. Dave attacks Gallagher, but Howler leaps to his defense. The two vampires begin fighting and Dave tries to slay his former "bride" with a broken sofa leg. Howler fights back, biting Dave in the face. The other vamps show up at the house and Mink fires a crossbow bolt that impales both Dave and Howler. They race inside and quickly remove the projectile from Howler's chest. David however, is not so fortunate. They dismember his body and pack the pieces away into five separate backpacks to be disposed of later. Howler, though still weak, rises from the floor. She ties Gallagher to a chair and tells him that she'll let him live. Despite her nature, she also spares Tommy's foster parents (as a courtesy to Gallagher for helping her find her son).
Howler leaves Tommy in the care of her sister Jenn. She knows that she could never be a proper mother now that she's a vampire, but is comforted knowing that the boy will be looked after. She regroups with the other vamps and together they race off into the night.
- This issue is reprinted in the 1996 Vamps trade paperback.
- Final issue of the series.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Vamps Vol 1 6 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Vamps series