Var-El was a native of the planet, Krypton, and a respected member of the House of El. Many years prior to the destruction of Krypton, Var-El discovered a means for crossing long interstellar distances and journeyed to a planet in the Sol system called Earth. His discovery later inspired his grandson, Jor-El to send his child, Kal-El to Earth shortly before Krypton exploded. Var-El’s Earth expedition is not common knowledge among surviving Kryptonians. Many years later, a statue of Var-El was erected in the House of El memorial vault on the planet, Rokyn.
- This version of Var-El (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse saving all the alternate realities though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 2 Appearances of Var-El (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Var-El (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Var-El (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Var-El (Earth-One)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: