Green Lantern Corps
Varix was a Commander in the law enforcement division that served the planet Naktos. He had known Ghrelk, the Green Lantern of Space Sector 69, all of his life and had heard stories of the Green Lantern dating back five generations.
He was troubled by the ancient Green Lantern's behavior in the preceding weeks. He sought out Ghrelk after the Green Lantern had failed to avert a disastrous collision on Mkulsen's Span. Varix told Ghrelk of that and other incidents. The Green Lantern denied the accusations.
It soon became apparent even to Ghrelk that he could no longer control his power. Angered, he attempted to fly off, but his ring attacked instead. Shocked by his actions, the Green Lantern flew off to see Mkulsen's Span. Varix was forced to send an interceptor squadron to protect Naktos from Ghrelk.
When Ghrelk realized he was unable to tell friend from foe, he was immobilized by his doubts. Varix had to take his friend's ring to become the new Green Lantern. 
After the destruction of the Green Lantern Corps, John Stewart was chosen by the Controllers for the Darkstars. To fill the void left by the Corps, Stewart recruited a number of former Green Lanterns, including Varix, Galius Zed, Charlie Vicker, and Hollika Rahn. 
- Symbiotic Interface: With the enhancements that comes with being a member of the Alpha Lantern Corps, Varix's mind can automatically interface with the Book of Oa.
- Alpha Lantern Ring
- Green Lantern Ring (formerly)
- 30 Appearances of Varix (New Earth)
- 8 Images featuring Varix (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Varix (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Varix (New Earth)
- Alpha Lantern at dccomics.com
- Green Lantern Corps#The Alpha Lanterns at Wikipedia.org
- Varix profile at the Book of Oa
- Varix profile at GLCorps
- Varix profile at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
|Green Lantern Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Green Lantern Corps, chosen by the Guardians of the Universe to act as their sector's Green Lantern and to protect it from interstellar threats with a Power Ring.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Green Lantern Corps members category."