Von Dort was a high rank General of the Nazi Party. He was believed to have died along with the Nazi's leader, Adolf Hitler, but the rumors of his death were incorrect. Some years after World War II, Von Dort started to gather weapons from across the world in order to create a massive death ray. His quest led him to Gotham City, where he recruited some former American soldiers turned thieves and used them for his military operations in order to steal the objects he needed. This attracted the attention of the local vigilantes, Batman and Robin, who started to investigate the case along with their friend, Ralph Dibny aka the Elongated Man. Dibny had been investigating Von Dort's activities for some time and he learned of a secret base of operations in South America. Batman, Robin and Dibny travelled to that location and confronted Von Dort, who managed to defeat Robin and the Elongated Man, using his special mind-controlling monocle. Batman deduced the criminal's plan, defeated him and brought him back to America along with the stolen weapons.
- Energy Projection: Von Dort's monocle projected a beam of light that hypnotized the people who was exposed to its beam.
- This version of Phantom General, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse saving all the alternate realities though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 3 Appearances of Von Dort (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Von Dort (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Von Dort (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Von Dort (Earth-One)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."