In the American Midwest, Wally West was a man of good moral character received speed powers through some unknown means. With these, he served as a hero for many years, calling himself "the Flash". After Superman retired, the Flash remained a hero, but he stopped... stopping. He began running instantly from crime scene to crime scene, disaster to disaster, until he became a gale force, patrolling Keystone City at speeds no human could follow. Prior to his transformation, Wally sired a daughter who inherited the Speed-Force and becoming Kid Flash.
Flash was recruited by Superman for his 'Justice League', their first mission back being to subdue the Americommando from slaughtering refugees gathering on Liberty Island. They then served with the other heroes in capturing dangerous metahumans. He travels with the rest of the team to the Gulag to contain the prisoner revolt. Captain Marvel arrives and blasts the Gulag, freeing all the prisoners, who then attack the surrounding Justice League members.
During the battle at the Gulag, he is rendered unconscious by Thunder and Lightning. Jade sends out a protective bubble over the top of him allowing him to survive the United Nations' nuclear strike against the superhumans. He will attend Batman's funeral in 20 years, but the full breadth of his adventures are not known.
This section of the history takes place during Convergence, a massive crossover event revisiting characters from past eras and realities. The villains Brainiac and Telos plucked them from their own timeline and stored them together, causing them to cross over into each others reality. Its precise chronological placement and canonicity may be unclear
Wally baits Superboy into a trap with his Red Robin. He then beat up Connor.
- Speed Force Conduit: People who, for whatever reason, are connected to the Speed Force are sometimes called Speed Force Conduits. This means that they are connected to the Speed Force and are tethered to it.
- Accelerated Healing: The Speed Force connection allows the speedster's body recover from injury much faster than normal.
- Enhanced Senses: The Speed Force enhances the speedster's senses, allowing them to perceive the world at a rate attuned how fast they can react.
- Phasing: Speed Force conduits can tap into the Speed Force to vibrate their molecules in a way to achieve intangibility for short bursts, allowing them to phase through objects.
- Speed Force Aura: The Speed Force also manifests an aura around the speedster and whatever they are carrying, protecting them from adverse effects of their speed, such a friction with the air.
- Superhuman Stamina: While not unlimited, the connection to the Speed Force does bolster the speedsters stamina well beyond the limits of a normal human.
- Superhuman Speed: The main effect of the connection is to allow a speedster to move at vast superhuman speeds. This also confers:
- Vortex Creations: Speed Force conduits are able to create vortices of air by running in circles or rotating their extremities at super-speed. These vortices can be used for a number of effects.
- Winged Helm
- Wally West's depiction is an amalgamation of the Golden Age Jay Garrick, the Silver Age Barry Allen, and Johnny Quick. According to character supplement in Kingdom Come / Revelations, an explanation for Flash's evolving powers is possibly due to his personality that may have grown from the singular mind of Wally West to synthesize all three Flashes into a composite.
- According to Alex Ross, his original character design for Flash was originally to be call "Mercury," named after the Olympian god of speed to convey how close to god-like the Flash has become.
- Kingdom Come Wally West may very well be the fastest version of the Flash in existence, because unlike other versions, who are connected to the Speed-Force, Wally West essentially IS the Speed-Force.
- Flash exists between seconds so he can see beyond this dimension and he proved that by yanking Norman McCay out into the "real world".
- 15 Appearances of Wallace West (Earth-22)
- 6 Images featuring Wallace West (Earth-22)
- Quotations by or about Wallace West (Earth-22)
- Character Gallery: Wallace West (Earth-22)
|Elseworlds Character |
This character exists within an Elseworlds continuity, and as such is not a part of the mainstream DC Universe; they may also exist within the 52 Multiverse. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Elseworlds Characters."
|Flash Family member|
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of The Flash, and a member of the Flash Family of speedsters. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Flash Family members" category.
Justice Society of America member
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.