An ageless land, the realm known as the Other Side of the World came into existence by a "steady state" flow of primal matter in the form of a cosmic cloud, rather than the "Big Bang" which formed the universe of the Guardians and the Green Lantern Corps. Due to the nature of its creation, the Other Side of the World did not have a past or a future, only an eternal "now." The sole, original inhabitant of this dimension was the being known as the Warlock. The odd natural laws of his realm permitted him to master magical forces and within the thaumaturgic tower of his stone castle, the Warlock peered through a magic mirror to witness life on Earth. Bored with his own dimension, the Warlock plotted to leave the Other Side of the World for Earth. Despite all his power, though, this goal remained out of reach.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 12 Appearances of Warlock of Ys (New Earth)
- 4 Images featuring Warlock of Ys (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Warlock of Ys (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Warlock of Ys (New Earth)
|Green Lantern Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Green Lantern of Earth, or the Green Lantern Corps as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Green Lantern Villains."