Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Two Riders Were Approaching": The synopsis for this issue has not yet been written.
- For my own part, regret nothing. Have lived free, free from compromise...and step into the shadow now without complaint.
- -- Rorschach
Appearing in "Two Riders Were Approaching"
- Max Shea (Dies)
- Hira Manish (Dies)
- Ozymandias (Adrian Veidt) (Behind the scenes)
Synopsis for "Two Riders Were Approaching"
- Synopsis not yet written.
- The title of this issue is from Bob Dylan's "All Along the Watchtower." The lyrics appear at the end of the issue: "Outside in the distance a wild cat did growl, two riders were approaching, the wind began to howl."
- The "two riders" motif occurs several times throughout this issue:
- President Nixon and Vice-President Ford are riding on two separate vehicles.
- In Tales of the Black Freighter, the trusting couple who rides on two horses and are murdered by the castaway, whom in turn ride their horses.
- The two members of Jehovah's Witnesses riding on bicycles.
- Rorschach and Nite Owl becoming riders as they travel to Karnak.
- Vice-President Gerald Ford is briefly seen losing his balance from leaving Air Force Two. In real-life, Ford stumbled down some airplane steps while President, thus acquiring a reputation as a klutz.
- Adrian Veidt's Antarctic retreat, Karnak, is named after the site of an ancient palace/temple complex in Egypt. The architecture was partially built by Ramesses II, the original Ozymandias.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Watchmen Vol 1 10 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Watchmen series
- Images from Watchmen Vol 1 10
Links and References
- No external links.