"Two Riders Were Approaching": The synopsis for this issue has not yet been written.
- For my own part, regret nothing. Have lived free, free from compromise...and step into the shadow now without complaint.
- -- Rorschach
Appearing in "Two Riders Were Approaching"
- Max Shea (Dies)
- Hira Manish (Dies)
- Ozymandias (Adrian Veidt) (Behind the scenes)
Synopsis for "Two Riders Were Approaching"
- Synopsis not yet written.
- The title of this issue is from Bob Dylan's "All Along the Watchtower." The lyrics appear at the end of the issue: "Outside in the distance a wild cat did growl, two riders were approaching, the wind began to howl."
- The "two riders" motif occurs several times throughout this issue:
- President Nixon and Vice-President Ford are riding on two separate vehicles.
- In Tales of the Black Freighter, the trusting couple who rides on two horses and are murdered by the castaway, whom in turn ride their horses.
- The two members of Jehovah's Witnesses riding on bicycles.
- Rorschach and Nite Owl becoming riders as they travel to Karnak.
- Vice-President Gerald Ford is briefly seen losing his balance from leaving Air Force Two. In real-life, Ford stumbled down some airplane steps while President, thus acquiring a reputation as a klutz.
- Adrian Veidt's Antarctic retreat, Karnak, is named after the site of an ancient palace/temple complex in Egypt. The architecture was partially built by Ramesses II, the original Ozymandias.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Watchmen Vol 1 10 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Watchmen series
- Images from Watchmen Vol 1 10
Links and References
- No external links.