Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"A Brother to Dragons": Laurie explores Dan's basement and looking at the Nite Owl equipment. When entering the Owlship, Laurie accidentally turns on the vessel's flamethrower as she mistaken a button for a cigarette lighter. Dan
- I mean...there I was, hanging out with a real hero, being his friend and everything. Being a crime-fighter, y'know? Like part of a brotherhood or something...That's why I sort of regretted the Crimebusters falling through back in sixty-whenever-it-war. It would have been like joining the Knights of the Round Table.; being part of a fellowship of legendary beings...but eventually I realized the Comedian was right: it's all crap dressed up with a lot of flash and thunder. I mean, who needs all the hardware to catch hookers and purse-snatchers? I mean really.
Appearing in "A Brother to Dragons"
- Adrian Veidt (On a TV or computer screen)
- Benny Anger
- Dolores Shairp (On a TV or computer screen)
- Dr. Malcolm Long (On a TV or computer screen)
- Hector Godfrey (On a TV or computer screen)
- Red D'eath
- Rorschach (On a TV or computer screen)
- Seymour (On a TV or computer screen)
- Twilight Lady (In a photograph only)
Synopsis for "A Brother to Dragons"
Laurie explores Dan's basement and looking at the Nite Owl equipment. When entering the Owlship, Laurie accidentally turns on the vessel's flamethrower as she mistaken a button for a cigarette lighter. Dan quickly comes down and puts out the fire. After Laurie apologizes for the incident, Dan gives her a proper tour, showing her collection of crime fighting gadgets and mementos. Laurie is impressed but Dan often downplays his belongings.
Laurie and Dan then goes back up and watches the television. As they are watching, a passion sparks between them in which Laurie initiates making love. They fall asleep until Dan later wakes up from a nightmare.
- The title of this issue, "A Brother to Dragons," is a passage from the King James Bible version of Job 30:29. The passage appears at the end of the story: "I am a brother to dragons, and a companion to owls. My skin is black upon me, and my bones are burned with heat."
- Benny Anger reappears and along with Red D'eath of the Pale Horse.
- On page 18, panel 3, Daniel makes a spattered smiley-face image on a window; a streak, two raindrops, and a cloud. And on page 28, panel 9, Archie, with the smoke and the moon behind him, makes another smiley-face.
- Laurie comments Daniel's night-vision goggle as "kinda Devo." Devo is the name of an real-life rock band which began in 1972 and has since maintain a cult following.
- Daniel mentions about Hiroshima week, in which it was the real-life 40th anniversary of the first atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima, Japan in World War II and was only two months before the start of "Watchmen".
- Daniel's joke about Dr. Manhattan's teleportation as the "the old Manhattan Transfer." This is a reference to the real-world music group "The Manhattan Transfer."
- Laurie's comment regarding costumed heroics as "To come out of the closet." This phrase commonly means for revealing one's homosexuality. Others writers have commented that some superhero comics may be seen as a metaphor for the homosexual lifestyle.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Watchmen Vol 1 7 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Watchmen series
- Images from Watchmen Vol 1 7
Links and References
- No external links.