Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Got a lead on your Killer Croc. His name's Waylon Jones. He was an inmate at Arkham Asylum. A former test subject of Doctor Crane's fear aversion therapy program. Jones was a former circus sideshow freak. Suffers from a rare skin disorder. Apparently he filed his teeth to razor points and went on a killing spree. And get this. That fear of his that Crane was working on averting: Bats.
Killer Croc is a reptilian-like humanoid that lurks in the sewers of Gotham City, and is the subject of urban legend among Gotham's residents. The rumoured crocodile man is actually Waylon Jones, a former circus sideshow that was born with a rare skin condition.
Waylon Jones was born with a rare condition known as Epidermolytic hyperkeratosis, which resulted in his thick, scaly skin. Jones' early life is largely shrouded in mystery, though local urban legends have it that Killer Croc was flushed into the sewers as a child because his mother didn't want him. While investigating the existence of Killer Croc, Batman and James Gordon discovered that Jones was once a member of a circus sideshow, but eventually sharpened his teeth to razor points and went on a cannibalistic murder spree.
Waylon Jones was treated at Arkham Asylum by Doctor Jonathan Crane for his severe fear of bats. However, Crane's fear aversion therapy program only worsened Jones' mental illness as Crane began conducting experiments on Waylon Jones. After being released from Arkham Asylum, Jones fled to the sewers. Sometime after Doctor Crane was exposed as the Scarecrow and his crimes were made public, Jones was present near the location of one of Crane's kangaroo courts in the sewer. When Batman went into the sewer system to investigate Crane, he was attacked by Waylon Jones, who had Crane's fear toxin in his veins. Batman fought with Jones, but Jones retreated into the sewers after being injured.
- Fear Projection: Due to extensive experimentation by Dr. Crane Killer Croc's teeth are laced with fear toxin, and will cause hallucinations after his bite has broken through skin.
- Superhuman Strength
- 1 Appearances of Waylon Jones (Nolanverse)
- 1 Images featuring Waylon Jones (Nolanverse)
- Quotations by or about Waylon Jones (Nolanverse)
- Character Gallery: Waylon Jones (Nolanverse)
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."