Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Promise to a Princess!": After Jonah Hex guns down two men looking to pick a fight with him in a saloon, the townspeople want to run Hex out of town. However, before they are able to do so, one of their people return back on a horse, dieing from an arrow wound by the Pawnee Indians.
- Aw, shet yore miserable mouth, ya danged female buzzard!
- -- Jonah Hex
Appearing in "Promise to a Princess!"
- Iron Jaws (First appearance)
- Pawnee Tribe
- Chief (Only appearance; dies)
- Little Fawn (Only appearance; dies)
- Mr. Craig (Single appearance)
- Clem (Single appearance)
- Doc Harrow (Single appearance)
- Jed (Single appearance)
- Joe Higgins (Only; deceased)
- Green Valley
- Winston Mills
Synopsis for "Promise to a Princess!"
After Jonah Hex guns down two men looking to pick a fight with him in a saloon, the townspeople want to run Hex out of town. However, before they are able to do so, one of their people return back on a horse, dieing from an arrow wound by the Pawnee Indians.
Later, as Hex is washing himself in a nearby river, he has the drop taken on him by Little Fawn, daughter of the chief of the Pawnee Indians. Holding him at gun point with his own guns, and with the added protection of her Timber Wolf, Iron Jaws, she ties up Hex and begins to take him back to her tribe. However, when she makes them cross a rickety bridge, the bridge shatters and they fall into the rushing water below. Although Hex is accidentally shot in the fall, he manages to save the girl and he wolf and take them back to their tribe where he passes out.
He wakes up to find that the Indians there have healed him, in speaking with their chief he learns that a man named Craig had given them blankets infected with Small Pox in order to reduce their fighting numbers so that Craig and his men can easily take over the land and kill any opposition. Hex, having been vaccinated is immune to infection, however Little Fawn falls ill and Hex promises the chief that he will return with the antidote, fighting through Craig's men to get into town.
Hex however learns that the doctor has gone out on a call, and when he finally tracks him down and gets the Small Pox vaccine, and takes it back to the tribe, he finds them all dead -- including Little Fawn. Taking Iron Jaws under his care, Hex rides into town to get revenge on Craig, to find that the entire town has also been infected with Small Pox. Tracking Craig to his home, he finds that Craig himself has ironically been infected with the disease as well. Offering him the vaccine after Craig begs for it, Hex shoots the bottle, smashing it in Craig's hands, dashing his hopes of curing himself. Hex then leaves town to let them all suffer the same fate they put upon the Pawnee tribe.
Appearing in "A Time to Die!"
Synopsis for "A Time to Die!"
No synopsis written.
Appearing in "Brothers"
Synopsis for "Brothers"
No synopsis written.
Appearing in "The Treasure of the Flaming Arrows!"
Synopsis for "The Treasure of the Flaming Arrows!"
- Synopsis not yet written.
- This book was first published on April 6, 1972.
- This series continues the numbering sequence from All-Star Western (Volume 2), making this the first official issue of the title.
- Promise to a Princess is reprinted in Showcase Presents: Jonah Hex #1 and Jonah Hex and Other Western Tales #2.
- Brothers was originally printed in Bat Lash #7.
- The Treaure of the Flaming Arrows was originally printed in Western Comics #58
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Weird Western Tales Vol 1 12 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Weird Western Tales series
- Images from Weird Western Tales Vol 1 12
Links and References
- No external links.