"Jonah Hex: "Killers Die Alone"": When Iron Jaws is bit fighting a rattlesnake, Jonah takes the wounded animal to the nearest town to find a doctor. Jonah convinces the doctor to treat his wolf, when he literally throws the doctor's current pat
- Ah always treat muhself to a thick steak after killing a skunk thet shoots a marshal in the back.
- -- Jonah Hex
Appearing in Jonah Hex: "Killers Die Alone"
- Iron Jaws (Dies)
- The Butcher (Single appearance)
- Dan (Only appearance; dies)
- Doc (Single appearance)
- General the Horse
- Willie (Single appearance)
- Colt Revolver
Synopsis for Jonah Hex: "Killers Die Alone"
When Iron Jaws is bit fighting a rattlesnake, Jonah takes the wounded animal to the nearest town to find a doctor. Jonah convinces the doctor to treat his wolf, when he literally throws the doctor's current patient out a window. This patient, recognizing Hex, goes to tell a gunsel named Butcher and his brother Dave, two men who have a vendetta against Hex for killing their brother.
The two manage to get the drop on Hex as he's leaving the doctor's office, and knock him out by hitting him in the back of the head with the butt of a gun. Taking Hex out into the desert, they tie him to the ground and leave him to bake in the sun. As they leave, Hex overhears that Butcher is afraid of dying alone. Iron Jaws, in spite of his injuries and inability to use his hind legs, manages to track Hex down and free him. Succeeding in freeing Hex, the animal dies due to the experience.
Mad as hell, Hex returns to town to learn that Butcher and Dave have held up a conductor's box and skipped town while he was tied up. He tracks them down to a stagecoach heading East. Chasing them into the desert, Hex shoots Dave dead, and continues to track Butcher. Butcher is attacked by a mountain lion and manages to kill the beast, however not before it seriously injures his leg.
Being found by Hex, Butcher begs him to take him back into town. Hex only points out that the mountain lion had rabies, and that he'll be dead in hours. When Butcher begs not to be left to die alone, Hex obliges him.... by leaving him the dead body of Dave to keep him company.
Appearing in "The Replacement"
Synopsis for "The Replacement"
- Synopsis not yet written.
Appearing in "Anachronism"
Synopsis for "Anachronism"
- Synopsis not yet written.
- Killers Die Alone is reprinted in Showcase Presents: Jonah Hex #1 and Jonah Hex and Other Western Tales #3.
- Anachronism is reprinted in Jonah Hex and Other Western Tales #2.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Weird Western Tales Vol 1 14 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Weird Western Tales series
- Images from Weird Western Tales Vol 1 14
Links and References
- No external links.