Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Blood Brothers": On the trail of AWOL infantryman John Running Wolf, Hex saves him from being beaten by a bunch of bar patrons. Returning him to Fort Lang, they find that it is being attacked by Indians from Running Wolf's tribe. Turning over Running Wolf to the Fort, Hex goes into town and goe
- Pretty girls from Boston schools shouldn't aim guns at ugly men from half-way t'hell.
- -- Jonah Hex
Appearing in "Blood Brothers"
- Eileen Lacey (Single appearance)
- Muriel Lacey (Single appearance)
- Red Horse (Only appearance; dies)
- John Running Wolf (Single appearance)
- Mayor Harrison Barnett (Single appearance)
- William Vandermeer (Single appearance)
- Chief Machana (Mentioned only)
- Gray Bear (Only appearance; dies)
- Major Shaw (Single appearance)
- Red (Single appearance)
- Fort Lang
Synopsis for "Blood Brothers"
On the trail of AWOL infantryman John Running Wolf, Hex saves him from being beaten by a bunch of bar patrons. Returning him to Fort Lang, they find that it is being attacked by Indians from Running Wolf's tribe. Turning over Running Wolf to the Fort, Hex goes into town and goes to Widow Lacey's home for some r&r.
There, Hex learns that "Widow" Lacey, is an old aquiantence of Eileen Lacey, who introduces him to mayor Harrison Barnett. Barnett hires Hex to rescue Muriel, a girl who had been kidnapped by Red Horse of the local Indian Tribe.
Hex tracks them down and learns that Muriel actually willingly lives with Red Horse, but still rounds them up anyway. Bringing them back to town, Red Horse tells Hex that somebody has been hiring renegade Indians to attack the Fort in order to coerce Washington to send orders to clear the land, so that the mastermind can capitalize on the acquisition of the land. However, Red Horse is killed by gunmen. Hex only manages to get two of them and the third manages to get away.
Taking Muriel back to Lacey's place, he finds out that the mayor and his friend William Vandermeer were the masterminds behind the plot, and that the third gunman was Red Horse's own brother, Running Wolf. Fighting Running Wolf, Hex manages to beat him in a fist fight, even though Running Wolf is able to stab him in the arm with a knife. With Running Wolf defeated, Hex takes his payment for services rendered and turns over all involved to the Fort.
Appearing in "Turnabout!"
- Ben Slade (Only appearance; dies)
- Blackie Harper (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Turnabout!"
The legendary gunslinger Ben Slade is challenged by a younger man who he knows will kill him. Rather than let the challenger destroy his hard-earned reputation, he turns his back at the last second so it will appear as though he was shot unfairly. His killer is thrown in jail to be hanged, and Slade goes to his grave with his record untarnished.
- No special notes.
- The cover to this issue is reproduced for the cover to Showcase Presents: Jonah Hex, Volume 1.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Weird Western Tales Vol 1 20 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Weird Western Tales series
- Images from Weird Western Tales Vol 1 20
Links and References
- Jonah Hex at Wikipedia.org
- Jonah Hex at DCU Guide
- Jonah Hex at TV Tropes
- Jonah Hex at Toonopedia
- Jonah Hex at Lonely Geek
- Jonah Hex Blog with a "Body Count"