Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"The Trap": David Innes stands upon a mountain searching for his friend, Abner Perry. By shouting and firing off his guns, David hopes Abner might hear him. However, the sound causes an avalanche and he slides down the slope. At the bottom
- I've got one slug left... and I can hear someone stirring in those shadows! Whoever it is... he's had it! Him! I've shot... HOOJA!
- -- David Innes
Appearing in "The Trap"
- Hooja the Sly One (Dies)
- Dian the Beautiful (David's wife)
Synopsis for "The Trap"
David Innes stands upon a mountain searching for his friend, Abner Perry. By shouting and firing off his guns, David hopes Abner might hear him. However, the sound causes an avalanche and he slides down the slope. At the bottom is Abner, and he is safe. As they hike on, they're attacked by Gorilla-Men and taken as captives. They're dragged to a cave to meet the beast's leader, Hooja the Sly One. Hooja explains to them that he has made an alliance with the Gorilla-Men and the Mahars. He has also captured a prized woman, Dian the Beautiful. This boasting enrages David and he strikes out against Hooja. He quickly arms himself with his gun and shoots his way out of the cave, shouting at Abner and Dian to head outside as well. Within moments, all are out on the ledge of the mountain, but several Gorilla-Men are behind them and ready to fight. David continues firing his gun and Dian throws stones at the coming men. However, one more foe comes out of the cave. It is Hooja. With one last shot from David, his enemy falls and dies. The three leap from the cliff's edge and plummet into the waters below, safely.
Postscript: According to legend, David and his allies would succeed in bringing an era of peace and prosperity to Pellucidar.
Appearing in "Reunion!"
- Black Pirates
- Kranor (Dies)
- Xodar (Dies)
- Issus (Dies)
- Mors Kajak (father of Dejah Thoris) (Cameo)
- Phaidor, daughter of Matal Shang
- Sola (daughter of Tars Tarkas) (Cameo)
- Thuvia the Huntress (Cameo)
- City of Helium
- The Valley Dor
- Temple of Issus (Destroyed)
- Helium's warships
- Issus' Imperial Navy
Synopsis for "Reunion!"
For three days, John Carter has been a captive in the Temple of Issus. When he finally breaks his bonds, a Black Pirate enters his cell and the two confront one another. John kills him and takes his weapons. He then rescues a fellow captive, Phaidor, daughter of Matal Shang. Outside the Temple, Issus' warships are gathering. John leaps aboard one of the Navy ships and takes out more Black Pirates. Above him, more battleships are approaching, but they are from Helium and led by his friend, Tars Tarkas. The two warriors welcome each other. Then, after weeks of being apart, Dejah Thoris exits one of the ships and embraces John. They all climb aboard a ship and set a course for the Temple of Issus. In a blink of an eye, it is fired upon and destroyed. It is done, the Temple is in ruins and Issus' battleships have fallen back. In the rubble below, Issus lies dead. Later, in celebration, John Carter is dubbed "Warlord of Mars" and marries Princess Dejah Thoris, so that they can be together... for all eternity.
- "The Trap" is adapted from Edgar Rice Burroughs' novel Pellucidar.
- "Reunion" is loosely adapted from the novel The Gods of Mars (also by Burroughs).
- This issue includes a pin-up of Ironwolf by Howard Chaykin. This non-Burroughs created character is a swashbuckling-sci-fi pirate who battles against an evil empire filled with vampires. He becomes the main focus of the series beginning next issue.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Weird Worlds Vol 1 7 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Weird Worlds series
Links and References
- No external links.