General Wells was a member of the United States military. He was opposed to Senator J. Allen Carter's plan to use Superman to disarm the worlds nuclear missiles, which was secretly an attempt by Carter, who was in fact of a disguised alien, to weaken Earth's defenses to allow the Imperium to invade. When the invasion occured Wells was a leader of the military forces in Metropolis, and when it was defeated by a group of heroes including Superman, Wells stated that Earth would still need some form of defense, pompting the heroes to form the Justice League.
Some time later, after the arrival of the Thanagarians on Earth, who promised to defend the earth from the Gordanians, Wells was skeptical that the Thanagarians were truly offering their help. He was proven correct when the Thanagarians turned on them and disabled Earth's weapons, and Wells attempted to find whatever defenses remained, but was unable to.
- Wells was voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson.
- Wells is named after H. G. Wells, who wrote about a Martian invasion in War of the Worlds. Other characters in the series premiere were named after Martian fiction as well: J. Allen Carter is named after John Carter, and his fellow astronaut Ed Reiss is named after Edgar Rice Burroughs.
- 8 Appearances of Wells (DCAU)
- 1 Images featuring Wells (DCAU)
- 1 Quotations by or about Wells (DCAU)
- Character Gallery: Wells (DCAU)
- General Wells at dccomics.com
- General Wells at Wikipedia.org
- General Wells at the DC Animated Universe Wikia