White Opal is the younger brother of Dark Opal. When his brother took power of the house of Opal, he left with a group who came to call themselves the House of White Opal. They settled a castle in the clouds and devote their time to the study of the Ancient Ones. He used this knowledge to guide Prince Topaz and Lady Sapphire in battle against Child and Flaw.
Child and Flaw eventually found the castle and destroyed it. He needed White Opal because of his brother, who had reneged on a bargain, and could not recompense because of his demise. A blood relative was needed to settle the bargain. He was freed by Amethyst and her allies, though she was turned into a crystal statue.
With his castle destroyed, White Opal moved to a small hut in the forst, watching over the statue of Amethyst and giving guidance to those who asked, like his cousin Carnelian.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 7 Appearances of White Opal (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring White Opal (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about White Opal (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: White Opal (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: