"Left Behind": Max Faraday shows the Wildcats and Team 7 the pocket reality he has set aside for the city of St. Louis which he saved from Armageddon. When the others ask Max why he chose to hide all this instead of fixing everything he claims it's because of S.P.B.'s. He says that nothing good
- Three words. IT'S ON, B*TCH!!
- -- Max Faraday
Appearing in "Left Behind"
- Captain Atom (Flashback only)
- The Children of Kaizen Gamorra (Flashback only)
- The Eidolon (Flashback only)
- Susanna Chaste
- Jenny Faraday
- Devan Lawless
- Nemesis Swords
Synopsis for "Left Behind"
Max Faraday shows the Wildcats and Team 7 the pocket reality he has set aside for the city of St. Louis which he saved from Armageddon. When the others ask Max why he chose to hide all this instead of fixing everything he claims it's because of S.P.B.'s. He says that nothing good has ever come from all the S.P.B.'s in the world and he lists all the destruction they've caused, especially since they discovered The Bleed. Max's only concern was to save as many 'normal' people as he could and let the S.P.B.'s kill each other on the decimated Earth. Once all the S.P.B.'s are gone, Max intends to start the world over without them.
Lynch doesn't excuse Max's inaction based on his stated reasons. He tells Max that Tao is after him regardless of who he blames for the state of the world and now that Tao has absorbed Providence's powers, he is a threat to Max. But when Max finds out that both teams escaped Tao and came to him, he realizes that Tao tricked them all so he could find Max.
Max's island paradise has been invaded by Tao and his forces. His men tear through all the humans looking for Max. Max's friend Devan, his sister Jenny, and his wife Susanna are in hiding. Suddenly, Max appears and challenges Tao. Max, Team 7, and the Wildcats engage Tao's forces in a huge battle.
But Tao uses his power to beginning destroying the island and all the people on it. Max is distracted as he wants to save them but Spartan tells him their priority is to stop Tao or none of them will survive. Max uses his power to bombard Tao with the things he fears the most; his failures.
Meanwhile, Spartan is trying to teleport the people on the island away but Tao is blocking him. He pulls Savant and Zealot from the battlefield and tells them he has a plan to teleport the people away.
On Hawaii, Majestic and his people search the volcano for any sign of Nemesis (who supposedly tumbled to her death in Wildcats: World's End #11). Just then, Savant and Zealot arrive to ask for Majestic's help.
- Max Faraday's criticism on superhumans recalls the events of The Authority's first battle against Kaizen Gamorra during the "The Circle" story arc, New York City's flooding in the "Earth Inferno" arc, Florida's destruction in Coup d'État, Washington, D.C.'s nuclear destruction in The Authority: Revolution, and Captain Atom: Armageddon (in which the latter also emphasized and shared Faraday's criticism).
- Among the illusions that Max Faraday conjured to torment Tao is Holden Carver, who holds a dismembered tongue which is a reference to Tao losing his tongue to Holden in Sleeper Season Two #12.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Wildcats: World's End Vol 1 15 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the WildCats: World's End series
Links and References
- No external links.