Billy Batson is not Captain Marvel, he becomes Captain Marvel. Unlike Superman, or Batman, Billy is still a child. He was a child of the streets, his parents having died at the hands of a once trusted guardian. He was visisted by a mysterious stranger who had taken him to a secret place where he was shown the seven primary weaknesses of man and introduced to a wizard. The Wizard gave Batson magical powers capable of fighting mankind's weaknesses -- powers derived from the Wizard's name -- SHAZAM.
When Batson speaks the magic word, the Wizard's name, he transforms into an adult with the mythic wisdom of Solomon, the strength of Hercules, the stamina of Atlas, the power of Zeus, the courage of Achilles, and the speed of Mercury.
Captain Marvel can fly. While his form is similar to that of Superman, Batson is also much like Clark Kent. Batson learns of the needs of the world around him by working as the youngest newscaster at a local radio station. His sister Mary has also been given powers. And there are others in the mythos established by the magician. There is a sort of Marvel Family, as if it is the battle that forges community.
- Divine Empowerment - All of the powers granted collection of six by gods and figures of legend either directly or through Shazam.
- Accelerated Healing
- Clairvoyance: The ability to understand situations from many angles, including future and past consequences with superhuman clarity and accuracy.
- Divine Grace: Innate luck and divine guidance that allows finesse in actions and dealings with others.
- Eidetic Memory
- Magic Resistance
- Enhanced Intellect: Intellect and wisdom are heightened to superhuman levels. This also provides great or comprehensive knowledge in many areas, including:
- Flight: The ability to hover or soar at high speed through an act of sheer will.
- Healing: The ability to use the transformative lightning to heal others or ones self instantly.
- Indomitable Will: An incredible amount of willpower that allows perseverance in overwhelming odds and seemingly unbeatable situations.
- Self-Sustenance: The ability to survive without sleep, food, water, or air.
- Superhuman Speed: The ability to run or fly at incredible rates of speed.
- Superhuman Reflexes
- Superhuman Agility
- Superhuman Stamina
- Superhuman Strength
- Teleportation: The ability to access the Rock of Eternity.
- Transformation: The ability to transform from a mortal to the entity empowered by the six.
- 10 Appearances of William Batson (Justice)
- 7 Images featuring William Batson (Justice)
- 1 Quotations by or about William Batson (Justice)
- Character Gallery: William Batson (Justice)