Young Willie Fawcett appears in Metropolis and doesn't recognize its famous protector, Superman. Spotting a robbery of an amored car, he rubs his belt buckle and says "Thunder!", tranforming into the super-powerful Captain Thunder.
For some reason, he decides to assist the robbers and briefly fights Superman before fleeing into his Fawcett identity. Willie thinks he's landed in a future earth and seeks help from Superman via his friend, Clark Kent. Willie explains that he is Captain Thunder and gained his powers from an old Indian.
Willie tells Clark about battling the Monster League of Evil across 1953 dimensions. After imprisoning them, they note that they have done something to him.
Believing his story, but unsure if Willie is, in fact, Captain Thunder, Clark takes Willie to a police station to see if he's been reported missing. Willie instinctively turns into Thunder to prevent a crime, and Thunder's evil persona takes over again. Superman tricks him into using his wisdom to figure out what happened and find his way home to his parallel earth.
Similar to those of Captain Marvel but now his powers are from
- Willie's superhero name is a reference to Captain Marvel's alias in his first, unpublished, appearance.
- 3 Appearances of William Fawcett (Earth-276)
- 5 Images featuring William Fawcett (Earth-276)
- 1 Quotations by or about William Fawcett (Earth-276)
- Character Gallery: William Fawcett (Earth-276)
- Captain Thunder at dccomics.com
- Captain Thunder at Wikipedia.org
- Captain Thunder profile by Richard Meyer
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: