Bill Jensen was a common criminal who went to prison for a crime he believed he was innocent of. Jensen felt that police detective Bruce Wayne framed him for a crime in order to further his own career -- one that ultimately led to Wayne being elected police commissioner of Gotham City. When Jensen got out of prison, he swore vengeance against Wayne and acquired great power from the sorceror Frederic Vaux. Wielding his newfound power like a child's toy, Jensen came into conflict with Wayne's associates in the Justice Society of America. The JSA fought against Jensen at the top of Gotham Towers, but the criminal was too powerful for the team to take down. This prompted Wayne to come out of retirement and resume his costumed identity of Batman. Batman scaled Gotham Towers and confronted Jensen. Jensen unleashed his power against him, burning away patches of Batman's costume, including his mask. Although the barrage of energy was brutal, Batman pressed forward, grabbing Jensen in a vice grip. Upon learning that Batman was actually the man he had sworn to kill, Jensen's power raged out of control, killing both of them in the process.
Originally a powerless petty criminal, Jensen gained vast mystical powers from Frederic Vaux:
- Energy Projection: Jensen was capable of projecting massive waves of concussive force energy. His power was so great that even the combined might of Doctor Fate and Green Lantern were not enough to stop him.
- Pyrokinesis: (though possibly just poetical license from writer, his flame is described as "a fire not seen on Earth since the Creation").
- Telekinesis: seemingly can't be used as form of self-propulsion.
- Dimensional Travel: he could summon demons.
- Force Field: he could create a magic energy shield, enough to resist to spells from Doctor Fate.
- Molecular Reconstruction: he could create objects from the thin air.
- He could walk in walls in vertical.
- Electro-Blast: he could turn electrified his own skin.
- Several stress or rage do Jensen lose control about his powers, what killed him.
- Though not revealed, is possible the abilities conceded by Vaux were temporaries, but Jensen died before.
- This version of William Jensen (Earth-Two), including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Bill Jensen does not have a Post-Crisis analog.
- 5 Appearances of William Jensen (Earth-Two)
- 1 Images featuring William Jensen (Earth-Two)
- Quotations by or about William Jensen (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: William Jensen (Earth-Two)
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."