|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Wing (comics). The list of authors can be seen in the page history. The text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|
Wing (full name Wing How) began as a uniformed chauffeur of the Crimson Avenger's alter ego Lee Travis. A Chinese immigrant who moved to America to escape Japanese persecution in the days leading up to World War II, Wing helps to instill a social conscience in his employer. When the death of a fellow reporter motivates Travis to become the Crimson Avenger, Wing assists him in his fight against crime. Curiously, despite Wing's initial lack of a costume, no one ever makes a connection between Travis' chauffeur and the Crimson Avenger.
When the Crimson Avenger abandons his cloak and fedora for a more traditional superhero costume, Wing dons a matching yellow costume and becomes his official sidekick. He serves as a member of the Seven Soldiers of Victory (as the honorary "eighth Soldier") and the All-Star Squadron. However, the Crimson Avenger frequently attempts to dissuade Wing from this path, believing that the bright young man has a better future ahead of him than running about in a costume fighting madmen.
When the Justice League and the Justice Society join forces against Iron Hand and retrieve the Seven Soldiers of Victory from whence they had been scattered in time by the cosmic being known as the Nebula Man, it is revealed that Wing sacrificed his life to defeat it.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-Two era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and no longer apply.
- He bears more than a slight resemblance to Kato, the sidekick of Green Hornet.
- 103 Appearances of Wing How (New Earth)
- 6 Images featuring Wing How (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Wing How (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Wing How (New Earth)