Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Winslow Schott, Sr. was a toymaker who turned to Intergang, who agreed to finance the construction of a toy factory. That decision would ruin him; Bruno Mannheim really wanted to operate a numbers racket, and used the toy factory to launder the profits. When the FBI brought down the numbers racket, Schott was blamed for it and convicted of the crime. The toymaker died a lonely death in prison.
His son, Winslow Jr., was robbed of his childhood, and by surrounding himself with toys he felt safe. He planned to get even on Intergang, and when Superman interfered, also vowed revenge on him.
Toyman joined Metallo's Superman Revenge Squad, and with his robot, he seemingly achieved the impossible: killing Superman. However, it later turned out that the robot's tachyon beams only displaced Superman forward in the time stream.
- This version of Toyman in exclusive the DC Animated Universe and was not a direct translation of Winslow Schott, which was created Don Cameron and Ed Dobrotka and first appeared in Action Comics #64. While the base names - Toyman and Winslow Schott - and basic gimmick - weaponized toys - are taken from the comics, the character's background and depiction are substantially different from the comics.
- Toyman was voiced by Bud Cort for most of the character's speaking appearances. The one exception was the Justice League episode "Hereafter, Part I" where Corey Burton voiced the character.
- 15 Appearances of Winslow Schott, Jr. (DCAU)
- 2 Images featuring Winslow Schott, Jr. (DCAU)
- 2 Quotations by or about Winslow Schott, Jr. (DCAU)
- Character Gallery: Winslow Schott, Jr. (DCAU)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."