Appearing in "The Curse of Cleopatra"
- Draska Nishki (Single appearance) (First appearance)
Synopsis for "The Curse of Cleopatra"
When Countess Draska Nishki comes to Lt. Diana Prince’s office and offers her services as a spy for hire, Diana rebuffs her, and is tossed around the room by the judo-trained spy. Later, Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor are witness to a “war” between two rival movie studios, each turning out a Cleopatra epic. Magnum Magnus of Magnus Pictures contacts them and asks them to play the parts of Cleopatra and Mark Antony, because the actor and actress who were originally essaying those parts have fallen into catatonia. A mummy-wrapped actress attributes their sleep-spell to a curse laid on the Egyptian queen by a rival. Wonder Woman has to forego her lasso while playing the part, and the mummy-wrapped actress, who is really Draska Nishki, steals it, encircles her with its loop, and forces her to try and wreck the movie set on behalf of Nishki’s employers, the rival movie studio. But when the giant statue in Wonder Woman’s hands threatens to crush the villainess, she lets go of the lasso. Wonder Woman rights the statue, takes the lasso back, and captures Draska Nishki with it.
Appearing in "Battle Inside of a Brain"
- Angle Man
- Draska Nishki (Single appearance) (Flashback only) (Final appearance)
Synopsis for "Battle Inside of a Brain"
Wonder Woman is asked by Gen. Darnell to make sure Steve Trevor gets to the Pentagon safely with info on a new rocket plane he has tested. On the way, they are stopped and overcome by the Angle Man and his gang. Wonder Woman is encircled by her lasso and held helpless by one of the gangsters while truth serum is administered to Steve, but he resists spilling his secrets. Thus, Angle Man and his men use a shrinking device to reduce them to microscopic size, at which time they enter Steve’s brain and attempt to get the information directly. Wonder Woman knocks out her guard and uses the shrinking ray to reduce herself as well, entering Steve’s body and defeating Angle Man and his gang before they can learn the classified secrets, and bringing herself and the crooks safely out of Steve’s corpus.
- Wonder Woman chronologically appeared last in Wonder Woman (Volume 1) #99. Her next chronological appearance is in Wonder Woman (Volume 1) #163.
- Steve Trevor chronologically appeared last in Wonder Woman (Volume 1) #99. His next chronological appearance takes place in flashback in Wonder Woman (Volume 1) #328.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Wonder Woman Vol 1 161 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Wonder Woman series
Links and References
- Wonder Woman article at Wikipedia
- Wonder Woman at the DCU Guide
- Wonder Woman Pages
- Wonder Woman index at Dark Mark's Indexing Domain
- Wonder Woman fan page at Suffering Sappho
- Wonder Woman at TV Tropes
- Woman Wonder Woman at Arkhampedia