"The Daughter's Mother": Diana somehow has been sent through time and is in 1943 Washington D.C. she takes on the alias as Miss America cause Hippolyta is acting as this times Wonder Women. We are then taken to forest of Virginia where a man is trying to keep some dinosaurs clams that have also
Appearing in "The Daughter's Mother"
Synopsis for "The Daughter's Mother"
Diana somehow has been sent through time and is in 1943 Washington D.C. she takes on the alias as Miss America cause Hippolyta is acting as this times Wonder Women. We are then taken to forest of Virginia where a man is trying to keep some dinosaurs clams that have also been brought along on Diana time traveling adventure. After visiting the city they return to Wonder Women apartment where she shares a room with Diana Prince, while in a warehouse in Georgetown Armageddon is hold two relic weapons of ancient gods. Back in the Virginian forest Villainy, Inc. try to attack the man traveling with Diana but ultimately are unsuccessful because some how they have been shrunk and their powers are weakened and our put in a cage but after containing three of four girls a German foot soldier attacks the man. Hippolyta & Diana travel to the War Department to find out more about Armageddon but come up empty handed so Hippolyta calls Wild Cat and garners some information about where he might be hiding out. Diana & Hippolyta find the warehouse and bust in to retrieve the relics and apprehend Armageddon during the scuffle Diana attempts to deflect bullets but forgets that she doesn't have her armlets on due to her portraying to be Miss America. Hippolyta deals with Armageddon as Diana fallows a foot soldier who took the golden battle axe relic, Hippolyta defeats Armageddon while Diana subdues the soldier and takes the battle axe as she disappears. The fight between the German foot soldier and the guy traveling with Diana intensifies as it looks like the soldier has the upper hand Cyborgirl hits the soldier with an electric jolt at that very moment Diana appears and uses the battle axe to create a portal at that very moment Tempest & Phillipus create an portal for them to return to Themyscira. Diana tells phillipus that she saw her mother while disguised as Miss America, while back in time Hippolyta is laying in ted grants bed and tells him how she knew that the lady who helped her was not the real Miss America and in thought acknowledges that it was her daughter.
- This book was first published on September 25, 2002.
- This particular story is curious, given that after Crisis on the Infinite Earths, the real Miss America took some of the roles of Earth-Two Wonder Woman, as her JSA membership and taking care of Fury. With Hippolyta traveling back in time to the 1940s, validity of these feats of Miss America is unknown.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Wonder Woman Vol 2 185 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Wonder Woman series
- Images from Wonder Woman Vol 2 185
- All-Star Comics (Volume 1)
- JLA (Volume 1)
- Sensation Comics (Volume 1)
- Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- The Legend of Wonder Woman (Volume 2)
- Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- Wonder Woman (Volume 2)
- Wonder Woman (Volume 3)
- Wonder Woman (Volume 4)
- Wonder Woman (Volume 5)
Links and References
- Wonder Woman article at Wikipedia
- Wonder Woman at the DCU Guide
- Wonder Woman index at Dark Mark's Indexing Domain
- Wonder Woman at TV Tropes