Appearing in "Sacrifice (Part IV of IV)"
- Maxwell Lord (Dies)
- Batman (Flashback only)
- Blue Beetle (Mentioned only)
- Doomsday (Mentioned only)
- Hermes (Mentioned only)
- Lex Luthor (Mentioned only)
- Lois Lane (Mentioned only)
- Bracelets of Submission
- Brother MK I (Flashback only)
- Kryptonite Ring
- Lasso of Truth
- Wonder Woman's Tiara
Synopsis for "Sacrifice (Part IV of IV)"
Wonder Woman confronts Maxwell Lord at Checkmate headquarters. A mind-controlled Superman is meanwhile suffering from delusions that someone is attacking his loved ones. Diana attempts to talk Max into releasing Superman, but he refuses, and uses his powers to cause Superman to attack her.
During their battle, Max begins recording it using the Brother Eye satellite. He explains to the satellite's Artifical Intelligence that he is motivated by the fear that Metahumans like Superman and Wonder Woman could easily kill all the humans.
Diana manages to subdue Superman by banging her Bracelets of Submission against his ears, but he soon recovers. She calls upon flocks of birds to distract him, while she returns to trap Maxwell Lord in her Lasso of Truth. She brings Superman back to sanity by cutting him with her tiara, and demands to know how to end the mind-control. When under the influence of the Lasso, Maxwell Lord reveals that the only way to end his control would be to kill him. Understanding that this must be the truth, she then breaks Maxwell Lord's neck, killing him instantly.
- This issue is the conclusion to a story which took place across the Superman Titles.
- This issue is an OMAC Project tie-in.
- The second printing of this issue featured an alternate cover illustrated by Jose Ladrönn.
- This issue was reprinted in Superman: Sacrifice (Collected), the OMAC Project (Collected) trade paperback and Wonder Woman: Mission's End (Collected).
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Wonder Woman Vol 2 219 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Wonder Woman series
- Images from Wonder Woman Vol 2 219
Links and References
- Wonder Woman article at Wikipedia
- Wonder Woman at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Wonder Woman (Volume 2) series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Wonder Woman (Volume 2) series index at Comicbookdb.com
|Part I: Superman #219||Part II: Action Comics #829||Part III: Adventures of Superman #642||Part IV: Wonder Woman #219|
The events from this issue or series are related to Infinite Crisis, and/or any of its surrounding events, including Villains United, the OMAC Project, Rann-Thanagar War and Day of Vengeance. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the Infinite Crisis crossovers category.