"Through Destiny's Door": Two days after the destruction of Mount Olympus, a majority of Themyscira elects to reestablish official ties with Man's World. Though overjoyed, Diana acknowledges the island still contains many isolationists, led by the sculptress Hellene. On
- Whatever fates we are to meet, we shall face them together... as sisters... and Amazons!
Appearing in "Through Destiny's Door"
- Adams School
- Amazons of Themyscira
- Backpacker's doppelganger
- Robed Woman
- Steve Trevor (In a photograph only)
- United States Air Force
- United States of America
- Julia's station wagon
Synopsis for "Through Destiny's Door"
Two days after the destruction of Mount Olympus, a majority of Themyscira elects to reestablish official ties with Man's World. Though overjoyed, Diana acknowledges the island still contains many isolationists, led by the sculptress Hellene. Only after speaking with Hellene, and gaining her confidence, does the Amazon Princess depart for Man's World.
Meanwhile, Vanessa finds her boyfriend Barry has left her for recently-transferred cheerleader Lucy Spears; in addition, her geometry teacher is attempting to court her mother. Vanessa is left moody and sullen by these developments, but quickly recovers when Diana reappears and invites her and Julia to be Themyscira's first (official) visitors. Mother and daughter instantly agree, setting their visit for the upcoming weekend.
Elsewhere in New England, several unnatural figures emerge. One lands in a New Hampshire national park, and steals the appearance of a nearby backpacker; another, a woman in heavy robes, quietly investigates the homes of old Boston; a third commandeers the Plymouth Rock Memorial to spy on Diana and the Kapatelises from afar. All three are witnessed by a strange silver orb from outer space, which suddenly homes in on and violently pursues the robed woman.
Unaware of these parties, Diana tries to extend her invitations to Steve and Etta, but in vain - Steve is too busy with his new civilian job, and Etta has been sent on a top-secret assignment by the Air Force. While somewhat disappointed, Diana resolves to bring the two on some other visit and reaffirms the current timetable, promising that in a day, Julia and Vanessa will be the first mortals to truly know Themyscira.
- This issue is reprinted in the following:
- This issue gives Gen. Hillary's first name as Thomas, whereas previously, it had been John.
- The nature of Etta's assignment will be revealed in Wonder Woman #24.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Wonder Woman Vol 2 22 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Wonder Woman series
- Images from Wonder Woman Vol 2 22
- All-Star Comics (Volume 1)
- JLA (Volume 1)
- Sensation Comics (Volume 1)
- Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- The Legend of Wonder Woman (Volume 2)
- Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- Wonder Woman (Volume 2)
- Wonder Woman (Volume 3)
- Wonder Woman (Volume 4)
- Wonder Woman (Volume 5)
Links and References
- Wonder Woman article at Wikipedia
- Wonder Woman at the DCU Guide
- Wonder Woman index at Dark Mark's Indexing Domain
- Wonder Woman at TV Tropes