""The Hostages of the Island of Doom"": A criminal named Jundy starts a crime spree in Gotham City with a giant Robot, bringing the attention of Batman and Robin. When the Dynamic Duo attempt to stop the robot, Jundy gases them
Appearing in "The Hostages of the Island of Doom"
- Jundy (Single appearance)
- Manotalians (Single appearance)
- Gotham City
- Doom Island (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "The Hostages of the Island of Doom"
A criminal named Jundy starts a crime spree in Gotham City with a giant Robot, bringing the attention of Batman and Robin. When the Dynamic Duo attempt to stop the robot, Jundy gases them and takes them away. Confronting Superman, Jundy tells the Man of Steel that he has Batman and Robin as hostages and takes him to Doom Island. When Superman attempts to free them, he finds that the island is rigged with electric eye-beams that would set off explosives on the ground that could potentially kill Batman and Robin. Jundy then blackmails Superman to collect three seemingly worthless items: A gem, a scepter and a metal orb.
While Superman is on this mission, Batman and Robin use their detective skills and Utility Belts to get past all the traps to Jundy's home. Finding the place empty, they find an ancient manuscript that explains that the components form the fabled Sorcerer King's Scepter, an item of great magical power.
With Jundy away to collect the third item now that Superman had cleared the land for him. He is shocked to find Batman and Robin, who have rafted to the location to stop him. However they are too late and Jundy uses the partially completed scepter to keep them at bay, that is until Superman arrives and uses his x-ray vision to disintegrate it and take him into custody.
Appearing in "The Man Who Defied Death"
- Dr. Davis (First appearance)
- Fred Jenkins (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "The Man Who Defied Death"
One day Green Arrow and Speedy save a man from sudden death on a prototype jet pack. They learn that the man's name is Fred Jenkins and in order to raise money for his sons operation, he is partaking in a series of death defying stunts. After saving Jenkins a few more times, Jenkins returns the favor by revealing the location of criminals who are plotting to steal a jade oriental statue.
Appearing in "Aquaman's Super-Sidekick"
- Captain Claw (Single appearance) (Behind the scenes)
Synopsis for "Aquaman's Super-Sidekick"
As the key witness to testify against Captain Claw, Aquaman is targeted by Claw's gang who are attempting to stop him from showing up at court. While exploring an undersea wreck, Aqualad finds a treasure chest stamped with a legend that whoever opens it will be granted 12 hours of super strength. Opening it, Aqualad is exposed to a gas which miraculously grants him the very powers it promised. Aqualad then uses his newfound powers to defend Aquaman from numerous attacks made by Claw's men. After foiling the final plot to kill Aquaman using a submarine, Aqualad's powers eventually wear off.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss World's Finest Vol 1 125 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the World's Finest series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- World's Finest Comics series index at DC Indexes
- World's Finest Comics series index at Comicbookdb.com
- World's Finest Comics series index at the Grand Comics Database