"Joker-Luthor, Incorporated!": With reports that the Joker was spotted in Metropolis, Batman and Robin race off to confront their old foe. There in an outdoor exhibit of different clocks, the Joker manipulates
- The prettiest blossom at the flower show is the Joker! Ha, ha, ha! Ho, ho, ho!
- -- The Joker
Appearing in "Joker-Luthor, Incorporated!"
- Mr. Webb (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Joker-Luthor, Incorporated!"
With reports that the Joker was spotted in Metropolis, Batman and Robin race off to confront their old foe. There in an outdoor exhibit of different clocks, the Joker manipulates a giant floating clock. When Superman arrives on the scene, he is shocked when the other half of the clock opens revealing his nemesis Lex Luthor. Luthor blasts Superman with a ray weapon that turns the Man of Steel into dispersed molecules for a brief time. When Batman and Robin arrive on the scene, they are easily defeated by the crooks who escape, but not before the Joker tips them off to the fact that they intend to attack the flower show the next day.
While Clark Kent and Lois Lane are assigned to the fair to cover any potential strikes by Joker and Luthor, Batman and Robin stake out the flower show when sure enough Joker and Luthor arrive. When Clark slips away to change into Superman, he is once more blasted by Luthor's weapon dispersing him once more. After Batman and Robin fail to capture the two crooks, Batman ducks away to disguise himself as Clark Kent to preserve Superman's secret identity. Talking to the organizer of the fair, he is told that the two crooks are likely attempting to steal some rare gems that are going to be put on display. The organizer tells "Kent" not to worry, as he has enacted measures to prevent this from happening.
The next day the gems are displayed behind an impervious dome, when the Joker arrives in a helicopter with some thugs to steal the gems, Batman and Robin easily capture them. Superman also uses his x-ray vision to see that Luthor has disguised himself as the event organizer and left the de-atomizer weapon with the Joker. While Batman and Robin capture the Joker, Superman apprehends Luthor and recovers the stolen gems.
Appearing in "The Menace of the Alien Fish"
Synopsis for "The Menace of the Alien Fish"
While patrolling the sea, Aquaman and Aqualad soon find a series of strange alien fish, and soon find themselves meeting an alien from another planet. Helping out the alien recapture the creatures, Aqualad stumbles upon the fact that the legitimate captain of the ship is a prisoner and the being that Aquaman is helping is really planning on using the alien fish to rule his home planet. Aqualad is captured, but Aquaman soon learns the truth himself, and helps the good alien defeat the evil one, and free Aqualad.
Appearing in "The Iron Archer!"
Synopsis for "The Iron Archer!"
When a group of criminals start using a robot called the Iron Archer (because it can shoot arrows) Green Arrow and Speedy have their work cut out for them. However, when the realize that the Iron Archer fires arrows at moving targets, using an air-plane arrow, they turn this against the crooks, easily defeating them.
- This book was first published on September 6, 1962.
- "Joker-Luthor, Incorporated!" was reprinted in DC Special #8 and Showcase Presents: World's Finest Comics Vol. 2.
- "The Menace of the Alien Fish" was reprinted in Showcase Presents: Aquaman Vol. 1.
- "The Iron Arrow!" was reprinted in Showcase Presents: Green Arrow Vol. 1.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss World's Finest Vol 1 129 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the World's Finest series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
- Aquaman Recommended Reading
Links and References
- World's Finest Comics series index at DC Indexes
- World's Finest Comics series index at Comicbookdb.com
- World's Finest Comics series index at the Grand Comics Database
This comic page is missing characters!
This comic page is missing one or more character appearances. If you find any characters that appear in this issue but are not included on the page, please add them to the Appearances list of the comic issue template.