Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Appearing in "Superman and Batman... Brothers!"
- Joe Chill (Single appearance)
- Luthor (Single appearance)
- "Nails" Koker Gang (Single appearance)
- Penguin (Single appearance)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Single appearance)
- Martha Wayne (Only appearance; dies)
- Thomas Wayne (Only appearance; dies)
- Mrs. Swan (Single appearance)
- Big Benny (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Superman and Batman... Brothers!"
Clark notices that sullen Bruce excels in school, but isn't at all afraid to stand up to a bully - and beat him! He also discovers that Bruce is studying criminals and suspect that he has become one.
One night, he sees Bruce dressed as a creature of the night. Confronting him, Clark is knocked to the ground - by a piece of kryptonite from Bruce's utility belt. Bruce explains that he is not a criminal, but a crime-fighter, using a bat costume to strike fear in the hearts of criminals. Together they team-up to fight crime in Smallville.
When Bruce turns 21, he inherits his father's full estate and the entire Kent clan moves to Gotham City. There, Batman and Superman continue their crime-fighting careers.
One day, a new villain appears - Lex Luthor. He is, of course, defeated. When he escapes from prison, he vows to destroy his enemies.
Kidnapping Ma and Pa Kent at random, Batman risks his life to save them from a deathtrap. Fazed by Batman's determination and ability to survive a series of deadly traps that would easily kill a normal man, Luthor detonates his bomb and kills the Kents. Batman loses control and, if not for the timely arrival of the police, would have beaten Luthor to death.
Overcome with the grief of losing yet another set of parents, Batman expresses his desire to retire from fighting crime. Superman wisks his friend, and brother, to the 30th Century. There, Batman joins the Legion of Super-Heroes and continues the battle. Superman remains as Gotham's defender in the 20th Century.
Appearing in "Tank for Beach Green"
Synopsis for "Tank for Beach Green"
This story is reprinted from Our Fighting Forces #12.
- This book was first published on October 26, 1967.
- "Superman and Batman... Brothers!" posits the outcome of young Bruce Wayne being adopted by the Kents.
- "Superman and Batman... Brothers!" is reprinted in DC's Greatest Imaginary Stories.
- Superman and Batman... Brothers! was originally published as an imaginary story, a story outside of regular continuity. However Crisis on Infinite Earths: The Compendium retconned it into being set on another Earth. ( (Earth-172))
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss World's Finest Vol 1 172 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the World's Finest series
- Images from World's Finest Vol 1 172
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- World's Finest Comics series index at DC Indexes
- World's Finest Comics series index at Comicbookdb.com
- World's Finest Comics series index at the Grand Comics Database