"Cry Not for My Forsaken Son!": Despite their previous successes as super heroes, Clark Kent, Jr and Bruce Wayne, Jr. are forbidden to continue their crime-fighthing careers. However, the stubborn young men decide not to heed their par
Appearing in "Cry Not for My Forsaken Son!"
- Danny Orr (Single appearance)
- Jack Orr (Single appearance)
- Mark King (Single appearance)
- Brazos (Single appearance)
- Superman (Cameo)
- Batman (Cameo)
- Lois Lane (Cameo)
- Kathy Kane (Cameo)
- Alfred Pennyworth (Cameo)
- Commissioner Gordon (First appearance)
- Anne (Flashback only)
- Matanzas Island (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Cry Not for My Forsaken Son!"
Despite their previous successes as super heroes, Clark Kent, Jr and Bruce Wayne, Jr. are forbidden to continue their crime-fighthing careers. However, the stubborn young men decide not to heed their parents' advice and they go out there to fight crime. On their adventure, they come across a troubled young man, who much like them, had a falling out with his family.
Superman Jr. and Batman Jr. decide to help the young man and the learn that he is an adopted child and that his foster father is a doorman in a hotel while his real father is one of the wealthiest men in Gotham City. The young man is lured by his real father's luxuries and he abandones his adoptive father, without considering he was the man who raised him.
Fortunately, the truth about the man's real father comes to light when his slavery ring is uncovered by the Super-Sons. They travelled to Central America and found that the mine that makes most of the man's wealth is run by mercenaries who force people to work in subhuman conditions. The Super-Sons take the young man to witness the truth about hsi father's empire and once in the mine, they come across the man's adoptive father, who is working as an undercover agent for the Government to dismantle the criminal operation. Back in Gotham, the wealthy criminal is exposed and the young man returns to his adoptive father, who might still be a regular man, but at least he is honest. After this adventure, the Super-Sons learn to respect their own parents.
- This story is divided in three chapters:
- Part I - Sharper Than a Serpent's Tooth
- Part 2 - Rendezvous on Massacre Island
- Part 3 - Just an Ordinary Hero
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss World's Finest Vol 1 221 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the World's Finest series
- Images from World's Finest Vol 1 221
Links and References
- No external links.