"World Without Men": Clark Kent, Jr. and Bruce Wayne, Jr. arrive to the "ghost town" of Belton and learn that the place is not abandoned but instead is populated only by young females. Unfortunately, they appear to have extremely harsh
Appearing in "World Without Men"
- Big Sister Sybil (Single appearance)
- Officer Diana (Only appearance; dies)
- Sarah (Only appearance; dies)
- Norma (Single appearance)
- Belton (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "World Without Men"
Clark Kent, Jr. and Bruce Wayne, Jr. arrive to the "ghost town" of Belton and learn that the place is not abandoned but instead is populated only by young females. Unfortunately, they appear to have extremely harsh laws against men and their presence in their town is not welcome. Clark and Bruce are forbidden to touch any of the women in town and they are locked away in a prison cell along with other men who have also stumbled upon Belton.
While in prison, the young men learn that the women are following the orders of a mysterious leader called Big Sister Sybil. In order to find this mysterious leader, Clark and Bruce break out of prison and change into the Super-Sons. They follow a group of girls to a nearby swamp, where they find that Sybil commands them using a large totem. The young heroes learn that Sybil has commanded them to kill all men in town and they decide it's time to put an end to Sybil's control over the females of Belton.
Batman Jr. and Superman Jr. confront Sybil and they learn that she is in fact a big alien monster, who was planning on turning all the women from Belton into hideous creatures like herself, but in order to achieve her goal, she mustn't allow men to touch the women, for this would stop the transformation. Superman Jr. uses Sybil's own totem against her and it transforms into a spaceship that takes Sybil back to her own planet, where she is put on trial and punished for her crimes on Earth by being forced to face her own evil reflection forever.
Afterwards, Clark Jr. and Bruce Jr. reveal the truth to the ladies of Belton and they start providing the cure to the evil transformation in a very special fashion.
- The story is told in two chapters:
- Part 1 - Big Sister Is Watching You
- Part 2 - The Greatest Hate
- The badge on Officer Diana's cap bears an eye symbol like that seen on the town hall and the jailhouse in Belton, and on Big Sister Sybil's totem.
- Big Sister Sybil's home planet is inhabited by humanoids, who try her for her crimes on Earth, but the world itself is never named.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss World's Finest Vol 1 233 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the World's Finest series
Links and References
- No external links.