"Intruder from a Dead World": Superman and Batman must deal with the twin problems of a creature from Krypton that comes from a mysterious capsule at the Gotham Park and a swarm of giant locusts from outer space. Superman tries to stop the K
Appearing in "Intruder from a Dead World"
- Kryptonian Creature (Only appearance; dies)
- Gotham City Police Department
- Space Locusts (Only appearance; dies)
- Jor-El (Flashback only)
- Wayne Foundation
- Gotham Park
- Shark Island
Synopsis for "Intruder from a Dead World"
Superman and Batman must deal with the twin problems of a creature from Krypton that comes from a mysterious capsule at the Gotham Park and a swarm of giant locusts from outer space. Superman tries to stop the Kryptonian creature, but he is soon compelled to protect it from harm, which baffles the local authorities and even his friend Batman.
The GCPD and the National Guard try to stop the space locusts, but all their efforts are futile. It is then that the kryptonian creature starts eating the locusts and driving them out of Earth. Unfortunately, the locusts outnumber the creature and the creatures eliminate each other.
Afterwards, Superman explains that he protected the kryptonian creature because he learned that it was the only natural predator of the space locusts and that his father, Jor-El, sent it to protect Earth from the plague. The creature's sacrifice is acknowledged by Earth's heroes and everything returns to normal.
- The story is told in three parts:
- Part 1 Monsters Can't Cry
- Part 2 Descent of the Red Plague
- Part 3 Sacrifice of a Hero
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss World's Finest Vol 1 237 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the World's Finest series
Links and References
- No external links.