"The Super Sons: "The Angel with a Dirty Name"": The Super-Sons find a lady in trouble during their trip across the country and they help her against a couple of men harassing her. Afterwards, she introduces herself as Dora Redson and she asks the Super-Sons' help to p
Appearing in The Super Sons: "The Angel with a Dirty Name"
- Dora Redson (Single appearance)
- Lex Luthor (First appearance)
Synopsis for The Super Sons: "The Angel with a Dirty Name"
The Super-Sons find a lady in trouble during their trip across the country and they help her against a couple of men harassing her. Afterwards, she introduces herself as Dora Redson and she asks the Super-Sons' help to put on a show in the nearby Kingman Maximum Security Prison. The young heroes gladly agree and the show goes well until the warden of the prison informs them that Dora has helped Lex Luthor escape. The young heroes are blamed for Luthor's escape, since Dora is nowhere to be found, and they are forced to escape the prison.
They track down Dora and find her along with Luthor in a large spaceship, where they learn that she had in fact planned Luthor's breakout from prison and that Dora was Luthor's daughter from Lexor. Dora, whose real name is Ardora (it appears she was named after her mother), tells Luthor that the people of Lexor have been affected by a mysterious plague that transforms their bodies making them large and bloated and that he is needed to find a cure to this plague. However, Dora is not aware that Luthor created the plague while he was in Lexor with the purpose of having them take him out of prison. As Dora and Luthor get on their way to Lexor, the Super-Sons infiltrate the spaceship and travel to the distant planet as well.
Upon arriving, Lex finds that even his beloved wife Ardora has been transformed into a giant obese blob and he goes to his secret laboratory to retrieve the cure and remain the idol of Lexor. Meanwhile, the Super-Sons are confronted by the Lexorians and they are treated as villains and locked away. When Luthor reaches his laboratory, he finds that a meteorite has wrecked the place, destroying the antidote. At this moment, his daughter Dora learns the truth and she decides to help him make a new antidote. In order to speed up the cure, they need to retrieve a strange substance from another planet, but they are not capable of doing it by themselves. It is then that Dora asks the Super-Sons assistance to bring the catalizer to Lexor and the young heroes agree. During their mission, Superman Jr. becomes affected by the plague, but the catalizer helps him revert the transformation.
When the heroes return to Lexor with the substance, the antidote is developed and the people of Lexor is cured. However, Dora decides to deliver her father to the young heroes in order to have them take him back to face well deserved justice on Earth.
- This story uses elements from the story featured in Superman #168 as a reference for Luthor and his background story on Lexor. However, it should be noted that these stories take place in different universes and Luthor's past in this story is mirroring the events of Superman #168.
- The story is divided in three chapters:
- Part One Those Who Play the Puppets
- Part Two The Plague Giants
- Part 3 Between Two Worlds
- Lex Luthor's statue — shown to have been erected on Lexor in Superman Vol 1 164 — is accidentally destroyed when a large and bloated Lexorian man falls onto it.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss World's Finest Vol 1 238 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the World's Finest series