"Superman & Batman: "Thou Shalt Have No Other Batman Before Me"": While on an assignment to an small town called Dalton Corners, Clark Kent learns of the existence of a Bat-Man figure much prior to his friend, Batman's debut. Superman calls Batm
Appearing in Superman & Batman: "Thou Shalt Have No Other Batman Before Me"
- Gitchka the Bat-God (Only appearance; dies)
- Sheriff Marston (Single appearance)
- Jud Dugan
Synopsis for Superman & Batman: "Thou Shalt Have No Other Batman Before Me"
While on an assignment to an small town called Dalton Corners, Clark Kent learns of the existence of a Bat-Man figure much prior to his friend, Batman's debut. Superman calls Batman and together, they investigate the mystery in the town of Dalton Corners and run into cultists trying to raise an evil bat-god.
While Batman is left to handle the situation in the small town, Superman travels to Australia to find the original "Bat-Man". Batman is unable to confront the bat-god and he is only saved by the timely arrival of Superman and the Bat-Man. The Man of Steel is unable to stop the magical creature and it is up to the Batmen to fight the bat-god. Using magic from their ancestors, the Bat-Man is able to defeat the bat-god and in the aftermath, they explain that the origin of the bat-god and the Bat-Man has its roots on ancient indian rituals.
Finally, Clark Kent is still the best reporter of Galaxy Communications, despite having failed on his assignment and all because he has the required information about the recent events about the bat creature.
Appearing in Green Arrow: "Nothing But a Man"
- Black Canary (Dinah Laurel Lance)
- Clark Kent
- Justice League of America (Cameo)
Synopsis for Green Arrow: "Nothing But a Man"
Oliver Queen's campaign for the mayor's race against Ralph Halstead goes into high gear when super-heroes begin endorsing Queen. Subsequently, Queen is kidnapped by hoods and forced into a meeting with crime-boss Thaddeus Cable. There he learns that his mentor, incumbent mayor Jack Major, has secretly been in cahoots with Cable for over twenty years. Queen manages to secretly switch to Green Arrow and battle his way out, then, with the help of Green Lantern and Black Canary, stops two of Cable's gunmen from attempting to assassinate him at his campaign headquarters. Jack Major, also at the scene, dies of a heart attack, but admits to Oliver Queen before he dies that he did cut a deal with Cable. Ralph Halstead wins the election, possibly due to rigged votes. But when Clark Kent calls Queen's residence to tell him that Oliver may really have won the election and could be proven the winner after an investigation, Dinah Lance tells Kent not to pursue the inquest. The disillusioned Green Arrow no longer wants to be mayor.
Appearing in Creeper: "Furious Fran and the Dagger Lady"
Synopsis for Creeper: "Furious Fran and the Dagger Lady"
The Creeper incurs the wrath of the knife-throwing Dagger Lady when Jack Ryder intervenes in a blackmail plot against a network star.
Appearing in Captain Marvel: "Dreamdancer"
- Sterling Morris
- The Bromfields
- Dreamdancer (Single appearance)
Synopsis for Captain Marvel: "Dreamdancer"
The origin of Bulletman and Bulletgirl is retold.
- This book was first published on November 9, 1978.
- Despite what it seems, actually the characters in the cover doesn't appear in the same story; While all other characters are from dimension known as Earth-One, Captain Marvel resides on Earth-S.
- This is the last Superman/Batman story written by Bob Haney. Because of the workload on his other book, Brave and the Bold, Haney decided to drop World's Finest. The next writter is Dennis O'Neil.
- The Superman/Batman story is told in various parts:
- Part 1 - This Cape This Cowl!
- Part 2 - Go West, Super-Hero!
- Part 3 - Sleeper... Awake!
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss World's Finest Vol 1 255 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the World's Finest series
- Images from World's Finest Vol 1 255
Links and References
- No external links.
This comic page is missing characters!
This comic page is missing one or more character, location or item appearances. If you find any characters that appear in this issue but are not included on the page, please add them to the Appearances list of the comic issue template.