"Superman & Batman: "General Scarr's Army of Crime!"": General Scarr and his Army of Crime have kidnapped Bruce Wayne, but they remove his clothes to reveal the Batsuit underneath. Immediately they assume that Batman disguised himse
- Ahh, it's part of the gig. I also get cats down from trees...
- -- Green Arrow
Appearing in Superman & Batman: "General Scarr's Army of Crime!"
- Weapon-Master (In a photograph only)
- Carl Jackson (Flashback only)
Synopsis for Superman & Batman: "General Scarr's Army of Crime!"
General Scarr and his Army of Crime have kidnapped Bruce Wayne, but they remove his clothes to reveal the Batsuit underneath. Immediately they assume that Batman disguised himself as Wayne to force them to act, but his plan has failed. Batman is taken to a cell in their hideout, but soon he escapes and learns that the villains are planning to hijack alien weapons left behind by the Weapon-Master.
Using thei villains' equipment, Batman contacts Superman and informs him about a certain underworld auction where the weapons will be sold. Superman arrives in time to stop the auction and he captures The Trickster on the scene. Unfortunately, Colonel Sulphur uses a time bomb part of the Weapon-Master's stolen arsenal from the Fortress of Solitude and Superman gets thrown into another time continuum from where he is unable to escape.
Meanwhile, Batman confronts Captain Cutlass and after defeating him, he impersonates the villain to merge into the Army of Crime. It is then that Batman learns that Superman has been defeated and the criminals are now in possession of all the powerful weapons, leaving Batman to wonder how is he going to stop them alone.
Appearing in Green Arrow: "Harmony and Discord"
Synopsis for Green Arrow: "Harmony and Discord"
Green Arrow tries to convince Laura Goodman not to marry Mark, the man Rev. Hale decrees she wed to stay within his cult. At first she opposes GA, then, after hearing the cultists' condemnation of her independent thinking, she rebels against Harmony, refuses to take part in the marriage, and leaves with Green Arrow.
Appearing in Hawkman: "Now You Czemm... Now You Don't!"
- Hawkwoman (Hallucination)
- Superman (Hallucination)
- Mavis Trent (Hallucination)
- John Small (Hallucination)
- Hyathis (Hallucination)
- Deep Space
- Thanagarian Space Suit
- Thanagarian Star Cruiser
- Czemm's Pirate Ship
Synopsis for Hawkman: "Now You Czemm... Now You Don't!"
Czemm and his pirate crew lock Hawkman away with their other captive, a small timid alien called Plert. When their jailer calls with food, Plert sees her as a female of his race, but Hawkman sees Shayera. This image then turns to Mavis Trent, and Superman. Hawkman deduces that this is an alien who hypnotically appears as someone the person likes, or would want to see. This alien is the gaseous Qwesjun, and Hawkman defeats him by concentrating on people he hates. Qwesjun takes the form of many, including Hyathis and John Small, and Katar turns his frustration against him. Hawkman then defeats Karniss Gor, Veneer, and Drekk, but Czemm has used the space-suit to fly to Hawkman's ship, leaving him and Plert stranded on the wreck…
Appearing in Captain Marvel: "The Secret of the Freeman Brothers!"
- Captain Nazi (Flashback only)
- Jacob Freeman (Paternal grandfather of Captain Marvel Jr. and Kid Eternity)
- Daniel Troop (Maternal grandfather of Captain Marvel Jr. and Kid Eternity)
Synopsis for Captain Marvel: "The Secret of the Freeman Brothers!"
- This issue's letter page announces the upcoming editor of the comic series, Dave Manak.
- Captain Marvel's story flashes back to very early events in Kid Eternity's story, originally portrayed in Hit Comics #25, and strongly hints that a character widely understood to be Saint Peter was in fact Shazam.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss World's Finest Vol 1 280 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the World's Finest series
- Images from World's Finest Vol 1 280
Links and References
This comic page is missing characters!
This comic page is missing one or more character, location or item appearances. If you find any characters that appear in this issue but are not included on the page, please add them to the Appearances list of the comic issue template.