"The Anthrax Hotline": In Gotham City, Superman and Batman are scheduled to appear on a radio talk show, hosted by the lovely Susan LaSalle, known as The Siren. The interview goes well as both heroes answer from their unique perspectives. Af
- Remember Lights Out? Inner Sanctum? I Love a Mystery? Those were great shows, Siren -- The true golden age of radio. Now all we've got is rock and roll -- and the same old dreary news about Lebanon, poisoned headache remedies, and threatened monuments.
- -- Anthrax
Appearing in "The Anthrax Hotline"
- Susan "The Siren" LaSalle (Single appearance)
- Anthrax (Single appearance)
- Commissioner Gordon (Cameo)
- Johnny (Single appearance)
- GCPD Headquarters
- WKBX Station
Synopsis for "The Anthrax Hotline"
In Gotham City, Superman and Batman are scheduled to appear on a radio talk show, hosted by the lovely Susan LaSalle, known as The Siren. The interview goes well as both heroes answer from their unique perspectives. After a while, Susan starts getting calls from the audience and after a few people have the chance to ask their questions, a terrorist named Anthrax calls and threatens to set off a germ plague in Gotham City within the hour.
Batman and Superman start a manhunt across Gotham, but they are unable to find anything. With Susan restrained to her chair due to a detonation mechanism, the heroes struggle to find the source of the call. When most part of the hour has passed, Superman and Batman deduce that the bomb must be inside the building and after evacuating the place, Superman takes the building to space, where he eventually finds the bombs, hidden in Susan's microphone. Batman then finds that Anthrax is in fact Susan's audio engineer, George Swope, who was infatuated with her and staged the whole Anthrax scheme to get her to notice him. Batman takes down the crook and Superman gets rid of the plague in space.
Upon returning to Earth, Susan reveals the truth to her audience and realizes the truth behind Batman's and Superman's earlier statements.
- This book was first published on March 24, 1983.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss World's Finest Vol 1 292 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the World's Finest series
- Images from World's Finest Vol 1 292