"The Superman-Batman Split!": This story is reprinted from World's Finest #176.
- Not so strange! 'The guilty flee where none pursueth!'
- -- Batman, slightly misquoting Proverbs 28:1
Appearing in "The Superman-Batman Split!"
- Desmond Jason (Only appearance; dies)
- Ronald Jason (Only appearance; dies)
Synopsis for "The Superman-Batman Split!"
This story is reprinted from World's Finest #176.
Superman, in his civilian guise of Clark Kent, is going to interview actor Ronald Jason, however Jason suddenly splashes him with a chemical that burns off his clothes revealing that Kent is really Superman. Jason however, reveals that he is an alien named Dur from a planet in the Sirius system. He explains that on his world the Tontor-1 (equivalent of a president on Earth) was assassinated, and in order to protect himself he teleported himself to Earth, however he believes that he is being pursued by an enemy agent from his home world and sought out Superman for protection. Superman then flies Dur to his Fortress of Solitude where he'd be safe.
Meanwhile, in the Batcave, Batman is visited by another alien named Tiron, who tells Batman that Dur is a criminal who escaped to Earth. The two hop in the Batplane, but when Batman suggests that they seek out Superman, Tiron tells him that he is aware that Dur has tricked Superman into helping him. So instead, Batman seeks the help of Supergirl. The three fly to the Fortress of Solitude to apprehend Dur, but Superman returns to fight them off.
While Batman and Supergirl are otherwise preoccupied, Superman flies to Gotham City and recruits the help of Batgirl to help him protect Dur. Meanwhile, suspicious of what's going on, Jimmy Olsen and Robin team up to learn what they can about the aliens. When viewing their secret scanning devices, they learn the secret of the aliens, however before they can warn anybody they are hit with knock out gas.
Meanwhile, at a new hiding spot, Superman and Batgirl fend off the attacking Batman and Supergirl until suddenly Tiron collapses. Checking him out they find out that he is not an alien at all, but Ronald Jason in disguise. Jason explains that he was terminally ill and was playing both the parts with the help of his late brother, scientist Desmond Jason's inventions to facilitate the ruse. With his explanation complete, Jason dies knowing he had played his greatest role. Afterwards, the heroes insure that a statue is put up in a museum commemorating his memory.
Appearing in "No Rest for Heroes!"
- Rio (Single appearance)
- Krugerrand (Single appearance)
- Duke (Single appearance)
- Justice League of America (Cameo)
- The Outsiders (Cameo)
- Batplane (Cameo)
Synopsis for "No Rest for Heroes!"
In the aftermath of the Pantheon affair, Superman and Batman try to get a drink at a pub and end up in a short-lived brawl.
- "No Rest for Heroes!" takes place immediately following World's Finest #300.
- While "The Superman-Batman Split!" was originally inked by Neal Adams, this reprint has Dick Giordano credited as the inker.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss World's Finest Vol 1 302 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the World's Finest series
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Action Comics (Volume 2)
- Adventures of Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 2)
- Superman (Volume 3)
- Superman (Volume 4)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- Superman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Superman: Man of Steel (Volume 1)
- Superman: Man of Tomorrow (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- World's Finest Comics series index at DC Indexes
- World's Finest Comics series index at Comicbookdb.com
- World's Finest Comics series index at the Grand Comics Database