"Lonely In A Crowd": Superman and Sonik attempt to keep rock star Marlon Monroe safe from murder attempts, while Batman tries to find out who has been puncturing holes in the plastic bubble-dwelling of a boy who ha
- Don't bother trying to start the engine. I just frosted the connection to the gas tank with my super-breath! Even if I hadn't, I could knock this van over with a nudge of my elbow. Come along, and at least spare yourself that embarrassment.
- -- Superman
Appearing in "Lonely In A Crowd"
- Sonik (William Parker) (Final appearance)
- Mr. Penumbra (Single appearance)
- Mona Nockwood
- Marlon Monroe (Single appearance)
- Lilanne Stern
- Robert Glasser
- Monica Zehringer
- Ronnie (Single appearance)
- Marta (Single appearance)
- Nurse Karp (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Lonely In A Crowd"
Superman and Sonik attempt to keep rock star Marlon Monroe safe from murder attempts, while Batman tries to find out who has been puncturing holes in the plastic bubble-dwelling of a boy who has no immune system against disease. Eventually, Batman finds out that the responsible for damaging the bubble is the kid himself, in an attempt to be allowed to return home. Meanwhile, Superman and Sonik save Marlon Monroe from one of his own servants, who has developed killer robots to eliminate the pop star.
In the aftermath, Bruce Wayne arranges for Marlon Monroe to visit the ill kid, who is a major fan of his work and Superman ponders a personal problem in the Fortress of Solitude.
- No special notes.
- Marlon Monroe is a parody of the then popular super-star Michael Jackson.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss World's Finest Vol 1 318 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the World's Finest series
- Images from World's Finest Vol 1 318