"Superman & Batman: "The Battle of the Super-Heroes"": While out on their routine patrol of Gotham City, Batman thinks about how he blacked out prior to going on patrol, but decides not to mention anything as not to worry Robin. Whe
Appearing in Superman & Batman: "The Battle of the Super-Heroes"
Synopsis for Superman & Batman: "The Battle of the Super-Heroes"
While out on their routine patrol of Gotham City, Batman thinks about how he blacked out prior to going on patrol, but decides not to mention anything as not to worry Robin. When they find a bunch of crooks attempting to get away from the scene of a bank robbery, Batman soon realizes that he has been endowed with super-powers similar to that of his friend Superman, and he easily busts the criminals.
Superman, meanwhile is on his way back to Metropolis from a mission outside his home city. As he passes through Gotham City, he recalls how he had a momentary black out before he spots a building fire. He arrives at the same time as Batman and Robin do and he tells them to stand back while he deals with the fire. Batman however, becomes jealous of Superman and tries to use his newly acquired super powers to put out the flames.Much to Robin's shock and dismay, Batman and Superman form a rivalry between each other. One that becomes so big, it makes national headlines. As Superman and Batman are called in to deal with various disasters, the two super-powered men attempt to outdo each other. After stopping a hurricane, the heated competition between the two men leads to an all out brawl to see which of them is the strongest. When Robin spots some looters taking advantage of the hurricane and Superman and Batman's fight, Robin stops them easily. He then tries to get the two mighty titans to see that they are overlooking their responsibilities.
Before Robin can get them to think any further he is transported to the distant planet of Xlym. There he is brought before two aliens who decided to wager to see who could win in an equal fight: Superman or Batman. Abducting the two heroes they used their worlds advance science to endow Batman with powers similar to Superman and to make both men incredibly competitive toward each other. With their explanation finished they show Robin that the only way to reverse it is to throw a specific switch and that they have no intention of returning the Boy Wonder back to Earth where he can continue to interfere with their bet. However they return Robin to Earth when they overhear their superior coming their way.
When Robin returns to Earth, he soon sees Batman and Superman stop fighting and suddenly make peace, making him realize that their superior must have overheard the two aliens and reversed the effects of their machinations.
Appearing in Tomahawk: "The Indian Troubadour"
Synopsis for Tomahawk: "The Indian Troubadour"
- Synopsis not yet written.
Appearing in Green Arrow: "Green Arrow vs. Red Dart"
- Red Dart (First appearance)
- Mugsy Miller (Single appearance)
Synopsis for Green Arrow: "Green Arrow vs. Red Dart"
As Green Arrow and Speedy try to stop a series of robberies, they seem to always be behind the newest costumed hero, Red Dart. However Red Dart is really criminal John "Midas" Mallory, who is in league with the gold theives. The next night, when Green Arrow, Speedy and Red Dart all show up at the scene of the crime. Green Arrow captures the crooks and also ropes up Red Dart, having deduced his identity. To prove that Mallory was involved in the roberies, he removes one of Mallory's gloves to reveal gold stains which is a tell-tale sign of testing gold with Aqua-Regia.
- "The Battle of the Super-Heroes" is reprinted in 80-Page Giant #15 and World's Finest Comics Archives #2.
- "Green Arrow vs. Red Dart" is reprinted in Best of DC Digest #10.
- Red Dart appears next in Action Comics #513.
- This issue marks the first time ever that Batman and Superman fight each other.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss World's Finest Vol 1 95 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the World's Finest series
- Images from World's Finest Vol 1 95
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Action Comics (Volume 2)
- Adventures of Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 2)
- Superman (Volume 3)
- Superman (Volume 4)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- Superman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Superman: Man of Steel (Volume 1)
- Superman: Man of Tomorrow (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
- More Fun Comics #73-107
- Green Arrow (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow (Volume 2)
- Green Arrow (Volume 3)
- Green Arrow (Volume 4)
- Green Arrow (Volume 5)
- Green Arrow (Volume 6)
- Green Arrow and Black Canary
- Green Arrow: The Wonder Year
- Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters
- Green Arrow: Year One
- Connor Hawke: Dragon's Blood
- Black Canary (Volume 1)
- Black Canary (Volume 2)
- Black Canary (Volume 3)
Links and References
- World's Finest Comics series index at DC Indexes
- World's Finest Comics series index at Comicbookdb.com
- World's Finest Comics series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Green Arrow at Wikipedia.org
- Green Arrow Toonopedia
- Green Arrow at DCU Guide
- Green Arrow at Wold Newton Universe
- Green Arrow at TV Tropes
- Green Arrow at the DC Animated Universe Wikia
- Green Arrow at Adherents
- Batman at Wikipedia.org
- Batman at DC Comics
- Superman at Wikipedia.org
- Superman at DC Comics
- Superman at TV Tropes
This comic page is missing characters!
This comic page is missing one or more character appearances. If you find any characters that appear in this issue but are not included on the page, please add them to the Appearances list of the comic issue template.