"Superman & Batman: "The Day Superman Betrayed Batman"": When a number of predictions made by Professor Milo's super-computer come true, Lois Lane goes to interview the man. During their interview she asks him if his computer can provide any leads in helping [[Kal-El (E
Appearing in Superman & Batman: "The Day Superman Betrayed Batman"
- Ace Logan (Single appearance)
- Condor (John Titus) (Single appearance)
- Gotham City Police Department
- Billy Forest (Single appearance)
- Scott Forest (Single appearance)
Synopsis for Superman & Batman: "The Day Superman Betrayed Batman"
When a number of predictions made by Professor Milo's super-computer come true, Lois Lane goes to interview the man. During their interview she asks him if his computer can provide any leads in helping Superman, Batman and Robin capture the Condor gang, led by the criminal known as the Condor. The machine comes up with two predictions: Batman and Robin will capture one group of the mobsters when lightning strikes, and Superman will capture another when a table turns. Sure enough, Batman and Robin foil part of the Condor Gang's attempt to rob an observatory when lightning strikes, causing their getaway car to crash, and Superman captures another group fleeing their safe-house at a train yard when he spins a train turntable around at super speed.
Realizing the potential of the machine, the Condor sends some of his goons to kidnap the professor and his machine. Deciding to deal with the threat of Batman, they pump information into the machine to find out how to foil Batman. Sure enough they get a plan: They call the police anonymously and tip them off to hideout of bank robber Ace Logan. There the Gotham Police find a film reel which has some startling footage -- Batman accepting a bribe from Ace Logan. Horrified that the most trusted man in Gotham City is really a criminal, Commissioner Gordon is pressured by the influential millionaire John Titus to bring Batman in. When Batman learns the news he decides to rush off and try to clear his name. When the Caped Crusader fails to answer the Bat-Signal, Gordon summons Superman to bring Batman in.
Superman leads a team of reporters to the Batcave and arrests the Dynamic Duo. When the reporters decide to check out who owns the Batcave, they are shocked to find that it leads up to the mansion where millionaire Scott Forest lives with his son Billy. When questioned by the news, Superman tells the people that while Batman is in police custody he is not entirely convinced that he is guilty and is going to seek out Ace Logan and find proof that will clear his name.
Impressed, the Condor orders that Professor Milo and his prediction machine be brought to his secret lair. When Milo is brought before the Condor, he reveals himself to be Superman in disguise. The Man of Steel explains that they set up this elaborate ruse (including getting permission from the Forest family) to set up the Condor for a fall. With his explanation complete, Superman unmasks the Condor as none other than John Titus. Titus has prepared for this possibility however and has his men drop a chunk of Green Kryptonite into the room. Before it can full harm Superman, Batman and Robin burst in and round up all of Titus's men, however Titus tries to escape in a speed boat. Superman, full recovered from his Kryptonite exposure, speeds off and captures Titus, turning him over to the police.
Appearing in Tomahawk: "The Strange Journal of Old Blue Jay"
- Old Blue Jay (Behind the scenes)
Synopsis for Tomahawk: "The Strange Journal of Old Blue Jay"
Appearing in Green Arrow: "The Menace of the Mechanical Octopus"
- Mechanical Octopus & It's unnamed operators.
Synopsis for Green Arrow: "The Menace of the Mechanical Octopus"
A skyscraper office is robbed of priceless jewels by a criminal in a giant flying mechanical octopus. Green Arrow and Speedy try to stop the crook but he gets away. Later, they are signaled to another attack this time of a rail car, Green Arrow and Speedy are once again bested by the mechanical octopus. Taken prisoner, Green Arrow and Speedy are taken to the crooks undersea base, where they use blowtorch arrows to get out of their cells and destroy the mechanical octopus before it can be used to rob a ship.
- "The Day Superman Betrayed Batman" was reprinted in 80-Page Giant #15 and World's Finest Comics Archives #2.
- Green Arrow and Speedy appeared last in Adventure Comics #253. They appear next in Adventure Comics #254.
- James Gordon appeared last in Batman #118. He appears next in Detective Comics #261.
- Lois Lane appeared last in Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen #32. She appears next in Action Comics #245.
- Superman assumes the alias of Professor Milo in this issue.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss World's Finest Vol 1 97 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the World's Finest series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- World's Finest Comics series index at DC Indexes
- World's Finest Comics series index at Comicbookdb.com
- World's Finest Comics series index at the Grand Comics Database
This comic page is missing characters!
This comic page is missing one or more character appearances. If you find any characters that appear in this issue but are not included on the page, please add them to the Appearances list of the comic issue template.