Wrath shared a similar tragic past to that of Bruce Wayne, except that his parents were criminals murdered by a young police officer called James Gordon. After the tragic event, the kid was sent to correctional facilities and eventually started learning every skill he needed to become a nemesis of the law and order. After a lifetime dedicated to this purpose, the man adopted the identity of Wrath, a hired killer of law enforcers and police officers.
After travelling around the world killing authorities, Wrath returned to Gotham City, where he started a relationship with Grayle Hudson, daughter of a deceased gang boss and they started plotting the murder of Commissioner Gordon. Wrath's attempts to murder Gordon were thwarted by Batman and upon investigating the background of the vigilante, Wrath learned that Batman was Bruce Wayne.
A series of personal attacks on Wayne were executed by Wrath in order to force Batman give Gordon to him. His plan succeeded and Batman was forced to surrender Gordon to the criminal. However, this was all part of a plan between Gordon and Batman, who worked together to deceive Wrath. In the ensuing confrontation, Wrath was killed when he caught on fire by his own hand and fell off the rooftop of a building down to the street in Crime Alley.
- This version of Wrath (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 3 Appearances of Wrath (Earth-One)
- 3 Images featuring Wrath (Earth-One)
- 1 Quotations by or about Wrath (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Wrath (Earth-One)
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."