Batman and Robin have Superman feed his Fortress of Solitude computer the question, “What would Superman’s other life have been like if Krypton had not exploded?” The answer: he would have had a younger brother, Zal-El; he would have become a member of the Space Patrol; he would be the best pal of Futuro, a Kryptonian named Xan-Du turned into a super-hero by a ray bombardment; and, when Futuro left Krypton to marry Lois Lane and live on Earth, he would have been given super-powers by the same radiation and protect Krypton as Superman. Unfortunately, Jor-El, Lara, and Zal-El would die in an accident.
- In Absolute Crisis on Infinite Earths (2006), it was revealed that the computer simulation was relating events that actually happened in an alternate universe -- Earth-132. So Futuro did actually exist in that universe.
- This version of Futuro, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 2 Appearances of Xan-Du (Earth-132)
- 2 Images featuring Xan-Du (Earth-132)
- Quotations by or about Xan-Du (Earth-132)
- Character Gallery: Xan-Du (Earth-132)