"The Mechanique Paradox": As the All-Star Squadron decides on what to do in the case of the Young All-Stars disobeying orders in order to save Helena Kosmatos (Fury) from being possessed by Tisiphone the Blood Avenger, Mekanique and Per Degaton break into the basement of the Perisphere to activa
Appearing in "The Mechanique Paradox"
- Air Wave
- Amazing Man
- Crimson Avenger
- Doctor Fate
- Doctor Mid-Nite
- Doctor Occult
- Green Lantern
- Johnny Quick
- Johnny Thunder
- Liberty Belle
- Miss America
- Mister America
- Mister Terrific
- Sandy the Golden Boy
- Shining Knight
- Star-Spangled Kid
- Yz, the Thunderbolt
Synopsis for "The Mechanique Paradox"
As the All-Star Squadron decides on what to do in the case of the Young All-Stars disobeying orders in order to save Helena Kosmatos (Fury) from being possessed by Tisiphone the Blood Avenger, Mekanique and Per Degaton break into the basement of the Perisphere to activate a device that would shrink the All-Star Squadron members down to doll size so that Mekanique could destroy them within a model of a futuristic city. However, as the Young All-Stars had walked out of the tribunal as the All-Star Squadron was deliberating, they were unaffected and thus were able to help Robotman destroy Mekanique's body, rendering her nearly inoperable and restoring the shrunken All-Star Squadron members to normal size.
Appearing in "Home Front"
- Carsons (Single appearance)
- Pfc. Benjamin Murphy (Single appearance)
- Roger (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Home Front"
- Synopsis not yet written.
- Mike Gustovich did the art on pages 1, 3-12, 20-22, and 27-32. Joe Kubert did the art on page 2, Brian Murray on pages 13-19, and 33, and Michael Bair and Tony DeZuniga on pages 23-26.
- This is the story where Fury's vision of Mekanique attacking the All-Star Squadron from Young All-Stars #1 comes true, though in a manner different from what she expected.
- The story is followed up by events that took place years later in Infinity, Inc. Annual #2 regarding the fate of both Mekanique and Per Degaton.
- Mekanique's causing the sweeping effects of the Crisis On Infinite Earths to take hold in All-Star Squadron #60, which was the cause of erasing her revelation to Robotman of her real purpose of being sent from the future to 1942, has been effectively written out of the story due to the changes in history, replaced by her simply erasing the revelation in Robotman's memory.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Young All-Stars Annual Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Young All-Stars series
- Images from Young All-Stars Annual Vol 1 1
Links and References
- No external links.