Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Road Trip": In the Young Justice HQ, Robin is brooding over the fact that Batman has kicked him out of Gotham City and now he has to live in Keystone City with his dad while Batman is on his own during the No Man's Land chaos
- But Batman never said anything about your teammates, right? Never a mention of Young Justice steering clear of Gotham or you'd be waxing the Batmobile?
- -- Superboy
Appearing in "Road Trip"
Synopsis for "Road Trip"
In the Young Justice HQ, Robin is brooding over the fact that Batman has kicked him out of Gotham City and now he has to live in Keystone City with his dad while Batman is on his own during the No Man's Land chaos. But Superboy and Impulse find a loophole in Batman's instructions because he never mentioned anything about Young Justice being banned from Gotham. Both youngsters leave immediately and Robin tries to follow them with the Super-Cycle.
Meanwhile, Lagoon Boy also is trying to enter Gotham City, but encounters a group of submarines which belong to the Kobra Cult. They attack Lagoon Boy with torpedos, but he is able to escape them without getting seriously injured. Both him as well as Superboy and Impulse are able to pass some U.S. Marshals to get into Gotham City.
While some smoke and flames lead both Superboy and Impulse to the zoo, Robin flies by the U.S. Marshals as well and saves Lagoon Boy from an angry mob. Robin is fine with Lagoon Boy tagging. And they find Superboy and Impulse just in time as these two are having a hard time fighting a plant woman named Ferak who was created by Poison Ivy. The fight ends with the arrival of Batman who uses a herbicide to kill the plant being which was not really alive. Then Batman makes it very clear that Young Justice has to stay out of Gotham City.
On the way out of the city, Lagoon Boy tells his new friends about his encounter with the submarines. Robin immediately hits the brakes of the Super-Cycle and decides they should do something useful to redeem themselves. They seek out the submarines and attack them. Lagoon Boy is also being joined by one of his Atlantean friends named Blubber. All of them defeat Kobra and by doing so prevent Gotham City from being destroyed completely by some bio-chemical weapons ...
- The events of this issue take place after Azrael: Agent of the Bat #55. No Man's Land continues in Batman Chronicles #17.
- There are references to the videogame Doom and the song Fly Robin Fly.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Young Justice Special Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Images from Young Justice Special Vol 1 1
Links and References
- Young Justice at Wikipedia
- Young Justice at the Hangout
- Young Justice at Titans Tower
- Young Justice Series index at DCU Guide
- Young Justice series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Young Justice series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
|No Man's Land Crossover|
This issue is a part of the Batman: No Man's Land crossover that swept through all Batman Family Titles during 1999. Gotham City was declared by the President to be no longer a part of the United States after the combined disasters of Contagion, Legacy and Cataclysm.